Page 238 of 373 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 3730

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Agree completely on the shit sandwich. I think the deputies did an excellent job. This was the first Badge Cam from ASP I've seen and I think that was well done.

I do disagree with the idea that a "crisis response team" would have provided a better outcome. I agree we need psychiatric social workers out on the street running some calls. In this case, I suspect we would have seen a dead social worker or one frantically calling for police back-up.

I understand he does commentary on videos, fine with that. As for commentary on de-escalation and non-sworn crisis teams, he risks straying from the lane he has created.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    I do disagree with the idea that a "crisis response team" would have provided a better outcome. I agree we need psychiatric social workers out on the street running some calls. In this case, I suspect we would have seen a dead social worker or one frantically calling for police back-up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    I understand he does commentary on videos, fine with that. As for commentary on de-escalation and non-sworn crisis teams, he risks straying from the lane he has created.
    Is there a response model in the US that would have had an unarmed crisis team making contact with her without police presence? Most of the ones I've read about in the news always seem to have the "gotcha" at the end of their deployment guidelines that says something to the effect of, "Except in situations that present imminent risk of harm", which pretty much covers most of the police shootings that tragically revolve around mental health.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Another Metro Nashville OIS. Happened on the same day as the last one:

NYPD has released body cam video from the cathedral shooting a few months ago:

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Another Metro Nashville OIS. Happened on the same day as the last one:

When the video started I was like man it’s awesome to see a southern Police Department put out such a well produced press release along with body camera footage. This is something that hasn’t caught on in my state yet.

Then during the video of the incident mom rolls up on her mobility scooter threatening to kick her daughters’ ass and I’m like damnit The South.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    Dash & Body Cam Shows TN Woman Shooting Cop Before She Was Fatally Wounded

Last week, Tennessee officer Josh Baker pulled over a black Chevy Camaro after running the plates through their system and seeing that the owner of the car, Demond Buchanan, had six outstanding drug warrants.

Baker quickly realized the owner wasn't behind the wheel.

Instead, it was Nika Holbert.

Body came footage released showed Officer Baker found drugs in the car, radioed for backup and attempted to take Holbert into custody. That's when everything escalated.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

WTF did I just see?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    WTF did I just see?
    I don't do LE stuff for a living, but, it looked to me like that officer was very generous with the number of times he let that woman get back in her car before he decided it was a bad thing. A case of not enough force soon enough winding up with an officer shot and a suspect dead. Fortunately, not the other way around.

Way out of my lane, however.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I don't do LE stuff for a living, but, it looked to me like that officer was very generous with the number of times he let that woman get back in her car before he decided it was a bad thing. A case of not enough force soon enough winding up with an officer shot and a suspect dead. Fortunately, not the other way around.

Way out of my lane, however.
    I'm really glad the officer survived the encounter...but it was like I was watching John Candy in Wally World. I have to wonder about the standards for fitness for duty. (And I'm sorry to sound harsh, as it pains me to say this.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List