Page 232 of 373 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282332 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 3727

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Minneapolis OIS - 12/30/20

Sorry if this was posted @TC215, didn't see it. Modesto PD:

Seems a bit iffy at first glance, but when I put myself in the officer's position with the apparent information that he was primed with, I could easily see a reasonable officer doing the same thing. The elements are also strikingly similar to a scripted scenario that LEOs are put through (in particular, almost exactly the same as a FLETC scenario except a gun wasn't clearly visible).

1) Homicidal ideations on social media that was passed to the responding officer (and presumably known prior as well due to officer safety bulletin)

2) Violent ideations against a third party, suspect heading to that location. I'm unclear if he was in immediate vicinity of house, which would definitely support the compressed timeframe from announcement to first shot.

3) Dispatch told the officer that the man had a gun.

Under those circumstances, I'm fairly sure your "lizard brain" will make you see a gun, even if you didn't actually see when when reviewed on video footage. I think that Force Science Institute would be able to easily demonstrate the cognitive piece of this puzzle and how a reasonable officer of like training and knowledge would do the same thing. Probably won't go to court anyway since the decedent is a white guy, though.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I was coming here to post that. I thought the officer did an excellent job. Most people can’t do a tac reload that smooth on the range with no stress.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Sorry if this was posted @TC215, didn't see it. Modesto PD:

Seems a bit iffy at first glance, but when I put myself in the officer's position with the apparent information that he was primed with, I could easily see a reasonable officer doing the same thing. The elements are also strikingly similar to a scripted scenario that LEOs are put through (in particular, almost exactly the same as a FLETC scenario except a gun wasn't clearly visible).

1) Homicidal ideations on social media that was passed to the responding officer (and presumably known prior as well due to officer safety bulletin)

2) Violent ideations against a third party, suspect heading to that location. I'm unclear if he was in immediate vicinity of house, which would definitely support the compressed timeframe from announcement to first shot.

3) Dispatch told the officer that the man had a gun.

Under those circumstances, I'm fairly sure your "lizard brain" will make you see a gun, even if you didn't actually see when when reviewed on video footage. I think that Force Science Institute would be able to easily demonstrate the cognitive piece of this puzzle and how a reasonable officer of like training and knowledge would do the same thing. Probably won't go to court anyway since the decedent is a white guy, though.
    Sometimes known as dispatch priming. White or black, a lawsuit is not unlikely in many OIS situations, especially if the subject dies.

Disregard-double post

San Bernardino:

NYPD:

Ansonia, CT:

Stockton PD:

Tampa SWAT:

Phoenix:

Phoenix again:

Bakersfield OIS with TQ application:

San Bernardino OIS. Officer’s got good cardio.

Chico PD:

Strong work by Phoenix PD. Hostage rescue OIS.

@Erick Gelhaus
    @Coyotesfan97

User Tag List