Page 227 of 373 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 3727

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Casper, WI, hostage rescue. If it was me, this would have been a SWAT call out.

New Mexico State Police:

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    New Mexico State Police:
    Wow. I have a number of issues with that. I'm waiting for the "bad tactics" crowd of plaintiffs' ex-spurts to jump all over negative outcomes, like this, from these "de-escalation" driven events.

These include:
    Leaving cover; both leaving cover with a non-compliant offender; letting the offender drive how the detention is handled (negotiating, accepting his demands, cover officer holstering); trading weapons; un-controlled cuffing with a size/strength disparity.

It sure appears that the suspect was shot as a result of the "de-escalation" involved.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    San Francisco PD shooting from 12/07/19 re-visit.

The SF DA's office announced a grand jury indictment again the trainee officer today. No details on the charges, Boudin says he'll only share the details once the officer and the original suspect surrender.

Burglary subject attacks an officer, standing him in the head with a vodka bottle. One officer initially shoots and the suspect goes down. It appears that when the suspect begins to stand, the injured officer fires – then the first officer starts yelling Stop, Stop, Stop. He also gives repeated directions to “Render aid, render aid” to the suspect.

This and the 11/23 charging in a different OIS are going to be “must watch” if one has an interest in L/E use of force and where things are going in California.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/da-asks-san...n-to-surrender

Henderson, Nevada:

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Henderson, Nevada:

Yikes. Hostages are not doing well in these videos lately.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post

The SF DA's office announced a grand jury indictment again the trainee officer today. No details on the charges, Boudin says he'll only share the details once the officer and the original suspect surrender.

Burglary subject attacks an officer, standing him in the head with a vodka bottle. One officer initially shoots and the suspect goes down. It appears that when the suspect begins to stand, the injured officer fires – then the first officer starts yelling Stop, Stop, Stop. He also gives repeated directions to “Render aid, render aid” to the suspect.

This and the 11/23 charging in a different OIS are going to be “must watch” if one has an interest in L/E use of force and where things are going in California.

Just over a year to go. And I look at the retirement calendar every day and weigh my options.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Just over a year to go. And I look at the retirement calendar every day and weigh my options.
    Godspeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post

If I were starting out as a cop, I truly don't think you could pay me enough to work in San Francisco, and if I were a cop there now, and young enough to do so, I would be doing everything I could to get the heck out and go anywhere else. As difficult as the situation is almost everywhere now, San Francisco is just.....special.

Of course, from someone with Boudin's background and socio-political leanings,this is the least one could expect.

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    If I were starting out as a cop, I truly don't think you could pay me enough to work in San Francisco, and if I were a cop there now, and young enough to do so, I would be doing everything I could to get the heck out and go anywhere else. As difficult as the situation is almost everywhere now, San Francisco is just.....special.
    Add LA to that.

New Los Angeles prosecutor ends cash bail for many offenses

It is hard to imagine the people of LA looked at SF and said 'yea, that looks good.'

From the article:

LOS ANGELES — Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascon announced sweeping policy changes as he took office Monday, including a plan to end the use of cash bail in the nation's largest court system and a ban on his prosecutors seeking sentencing enhancements in nearly all cases.

The dramatic reversals to deeply engrained, traditional law enforcement strategies in the nation's largest prosecutor's office also include plans to review thousands of old cases to determine whether lighter sentences or a prisoner's release should be sought, Gascon said in speech after being sworn in. Gascon also said he expects to bring an end to misdemeanor prosecutions of most first-time, nonviolent offenders.

During his time as D.A. in San Francisco, Gascon pursued a similar undoing of the bail system, which critics have assailed as being rife with inequities that favor the wealthy over the poor. In its place, he championed the use of risk assessment tools, which evaluate the likelihood that a defendant will commit more crimes if released. L.A. County's court system tested the use of a similar tool last year, but Gascon's announcement suggested a clean break from pretrial incarceration for the vast majority of the people accused of crimes in the county.

The office will also stop filing misdemeanor charges against first-time offenders accused of nonviolent misdemeanors whose crimes were largely driven by poverty or addiction, Gascon said. The move again mirrored one he made in San Francisco, although it was not clear how that policy would affect jurisdictions in the sprawling county such as the cities of Los Angeles and Long Beach that prosecute misdemeanor crimes on their own.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

User Tag List