Page 217 of 374 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 3733

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

I have to say, I rather enjoyed that.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    I hate to MMQB.....but that is the definition of 'unprepared'. Good on the WC for diving for cover, though.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...121237339.html has video of an interaction with a mentally ill man that ends with an officer stabbed. Sorry that I'm not good at embedding the video. I don't know if there's better video or commentary elsewhere. Question for the LEOs: the officer attempts to cuff the guy but does so without ever seeing the guy's left hand. If the officer had commanded the guy to show his hand and he refuses, what's the smart play here? Does the officer's next move change based on whether it's custody for a mental health hold vs a misdemeanor crime vs a felony or ??? Or is there just not enough information in the video to make a reasonable reply?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...121237339.html has video of an interaction with a mentally ill man that ends with an officer stabbed. Sorry that I'm not good at embedding the video. I don't know if there's better video or commentary elsewhere. Question for the LEOs: the officer attempts to cuff the guy but does so without ever seeing the guy's left hand. If the officer had commanded the guy to show his hand and he refuses, what's the smart play here? Does the officer's next move change based on whether it's custody for a mental health hold vs a misdemeanor crime vs a felony or ??? Or is there just not enough information in the video to make a reasonable reply?

I’m glad it all worked out, but I think that officer got lucky. This time lucky was good enough.

Lady sarge is the ice woman...

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post

Lady sarge is the ice woman...
    Exceptional! I’d go through a door with her!

Site Supporter
    Excellent work by the sergeant. She demonstrated commitment, tactical skill, and absolute control throughout the incident. Anyone know if PPD allows pistol-mounted lights?

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Excellent work by the sergeant. She demonstrated commitment, tactical skill, and absolute control throughout the incident. Anyone know if PPD allows pistol-mounted lights?
    The backup officer has one so I assume they do. I’m not convinced she doesn’t have a pistol light and maybe just doesn’t use it. There looks like something on the front of her pistol but it could be a shadow. The backup officer as stated has one but doesn’t use it. This is something I’ve noticed often in ois at night, that few officers actually use the wml. Likely from a lack of low light training.

I watched it on a bigger screen vs my phone and missed the shadow that shows she didn't have a pistol light.

Seems like even if she did, it might have been problematic. Using her light to signal others arriving with a weapon light would have meant coming off target, as well as flagging fellow officers. Seems like separate was more tactically sound from here . . . (but yes, did consume the left hand, so always a tradeoff).

User Tag List