Page 215 of 374 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 3732

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Motherfucker...
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Saw that video earlier today. Just brutal.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I debated posting this one— it’s absolutely terrible to watch, but I figured there are things to be learned.

Be advised, the video shows the murder of the sergeant and wounding of the officer.
    I was in the same boat, as far as posting it. It's the most horrifying one I've seen in recent memory.

I read even further context and the whole history only adds to the bone chilling effect: Suspect's 14-year history of run-ins with local police began with assault on very same officer.

Disregarding the hands-on aspect of the encounter for a minute, at what point when the suspect is getting squirrely about exiting his vehicle should the have called for backup?
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    A significant number of dash and body-cam horror movies stem from a single officer going it alone when he or she should have had help. Sadly, a lot of these occur in locations where back-up would be reasonably close. I will also note that, in most cases, the suspect is initially contacted for an initially low-level offense.

In this case, while there are two officers on scene, the presence of one, or better yet, several back-up officers might have changed the outcome. The suspect car could have been pinned by cruisers, reducing the risk of an effective assault by motor vehicle. An officer on the passenger side of the vehicle could have distracted the suspect or deployed the less-lethals allowing the first two to go hands on in extraction and arrest. Another officer could have been designated as lethal cover. Even just more cops there might have discouraged resistance or helped in the fight.

In the book "Storming Las Vegas", there is reference to a philosophy of the LVMPD that you don't attempt an arrest unless you can actually make the arrest. Words to live by.

Fair winds and traveling seas to our fallen brother.

I debated posting this one— it’s absolutely terrible to watch, but I figured there are things to be learned...
    I think you made the right call for precisely the reason you state.

That said, I haven't been able to click. I just don't want to see it.

Perhaps someone can give a cursory account, and we can expand on jnc36rcpd's excellent opener for lessons learned?
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post

Perhaps someone can give a cursory account, and we can expand on jnc36rcpd's excellent opener for lessons learned?
    When it's time to use force, use it, and use enough of it.

If you threaten to use force, you better back it up. Don't threaten over and over again without doing anything.

I hated how shocked they were when the first shot was fired ("What the fuck?"). Total shock and denial. Heartbreaking to watch.

Site Supporter
    Prayers up and out to all who protect and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post

The shooting is at the end, so you can watch the first 8-8.5 minutes of them dealing with the guy.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    From a tactics of manhandling perspective, this really underscored for me something Craig teaches in ECQC, which is the wrist tie.

You see at the deciding moments here that the rookie cop goes for a headlock/head clinch when grabbing and holding the arm proves difficult.

His movements, did not betray a particular background in martial arts, but this is an instinct a lot of martial artist have as well, to go for the head. It is a hard thing to train yourself out of.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

When it's time to use force, use it, and use enough of it.

If you threaten to use force, you better back it up. Don't threaten over and over again without doing anything.

I hated how shocked they were when the first shot was fired ("What the fuck?"). Total shock and denial. Heartbreaking to watch.
    Obviously it's impossible to say, but watching the camera without knowing what was coming, I thought the first shots were the other officer, not the killer. "What the fuck?" might have represented genuine confusion as to what was going on rather than shock he was under fire.

Heartbreaking to watch.

User Tag List