Page 208 of 374 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 3732

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I’d suggest Lopez watch the video again
    That's kinder than what I'd suggest. I posted this not because I agree with Lopez, but as an example of how people second guess even the best OIS.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Regarding Officer McBride's shooting, the plaintiff's attorney in the case is, no doubt, doing his damndest to drive the adverse coverage. He has priors.

Sacramento:

The video shows a tense confrontation between police and Jeremy Southern on July 21. Southern is seen pointing a gun at officers for 90 seconds. Officers gave 28 commands for him to drop the gun before firing at Southern twice.

Roxboro, NC is a small town north of Durham...had an OIS last week. Shotgun for the win!

Video was just released:

Since you can see the wad, I assume that's buckshot?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    Since you can see the wad, I assume that's buckshot?
    Comments in video say slug. I have no clue.

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    She gave that guy far more chances than he deserved . . . and only one shot. Hard to imagine anyine going after her for this one, but then again, it's become a world of nuts, so who knows.

Hopefully the officer is not too messed up, PTSD, etc . . . you could hear her getting almost desperate trying to deescalate . . .

Quote Originally Posted by tadawson View Post
    She gave that guy far more chances than he deserved . . . and only one shot. Hard to imagine anyine going after her for this one, but then again, it's become a world of nuts, so who knows.

Hopefully the officer is not too messed up, PTSD, etc . . . you could hear her getting almost desperate trying to deescalate . . .
    Agreed. It was tough to watch. I blame the current anti-LE culture. The “Ferguson Effect” is back and stronger than before.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tadawson View Post

I agree. The other thing that jumped out to me (not a cop but...) was she holstered too quickly, then un-holstered, probably realizing she'd made a mistake.

ETA: News stories say that the officer had been on the force for a year.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/31/az-man...op-with-knife/
    Last edited by idahojess; 07-31-2020 at 02:56 PM.

User Tag List