Page 207 of 374 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 3733

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Police use .50-cal rifle to disable truck's engine during hostage incident:

https://www.wlwt.com/article/911-cal...chase/33361138

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    She did an incredible job in that situation.
    That officer is terrific. I hope she weathers the inevitable storm of controversy and criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post

I don't think this has been posted. More info here:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lapd-top-...man-box-cutter
    Kick ass job on all counts.

Site Supporter
    Phoenix.

Officers investigating a stabbing encounter a suspect passed out in a car in the driveway of the crime scene. Suspect gives false ID, refuses to get out of the car and access a glock with his right hand while being ordered out of the vehicle.

It’s not clear from the video if he was the stabbing suspect or simply a case of birds of a bad feather flocking together.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Outstanding job. She moved back, she looked for alternatives (less lethal called for) she attempted de-escalation as much as the suspect allowed her to, she remained calm, she made good hits, she communicated afterward. Not sure what else you'd want.
    That video should be used for training on how it should be done.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Definitive use of force to end a pursuit:
    https://www.wtva.com/content/news/Ho...571878501.html
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

"Not sure what else you'd want."

Man, where's her magic wand? You know, the one that makes him obey and drop the knife? Wasn't she issued one in the Academy fer cryin' out loud?

The way she remained calm, cool and collected you'd think she'd been in this kind of shit every day. Impressive lady.

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    "Not sure what else you'd want."

Man, where's her magic wand? You know, the one that makes him obey and drop the knife? Wasn't she issued one in the Academy fer cryin' out loud?

The way she remained calm, cool and collected you'd think she'd been in this kind of shit every day. Impressive lady.

Cat
    Steve Lopez has some ideas. It starts out seeming sympathetic, but heads into de-escalation, shot him when he was down, don't shoot USPSA.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...bhbp?ocid=News
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Steve Lopez has some ideas. It starts out seeming sympathetic, but heads into de-escalation, shot him when he was down, don't shoot USPSA.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...bhbp?ocid=News
    I’d suggest Lopez watch the video again as well as his “expert” he mentions. For them to question the officer’s initial actions tells me they live in some liberal fantasy land (the “expert” is from Illinois). Say the officer moved behind her vehicle? She is safer for the moment but now the citizens all around the scene are still in danger. It’s a multi car accident so maybe some drivers still need medical attention or are trapped and injured. We all know FD won’t enter the scene while there’s a threat. Should we spend 20 minutes negotiating with a person who has shown complete disregard for commands? All while some driver injured by the accident he caused bleeds out?

As for the “shots when he is down” bullshit... shots 3,4 and 5,6 are sent when the subject attempts to get up. Freeze frame it if you don’t believe me. That’s an indicator of only one thing - continuing the attack/advance. If you have a weapon and refuse commands, and then a LEO shoots you, why would you attempt to rise? It’s not to apologize or surrender. And I believe the tox screen showed Meth in his system. So realistically he was going to keep advancing until his body was physically unable.

Whatever the subjects motivation it seems obvious to me he was going to make sure LE shot him. Do we want people in that state of mind going after bystanders while we move to safety and cover? And since we now live in a world where bystanders no longer scurry from dangerous situations, but stand around taking cell phone video... all our interactions are more dangerous to the public.

It’s my opinion anyone who has issue with this shooting either has a grudge against this the officer because of TTI/IG, they are ignorant, or they are pandering to the national stage right now.

Site Supporter
    If she moves behind the vehicle to her right that big crowd at the intersection on the left, the literal wall of people, becomes her backstop. The crowd that had gathered on both sides of the street greatly reduced the officers ability to move/de escalate while maintaining a safeish background.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List