Page 193 of 374 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 3733

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I’m sorry about the loss of your friens, but I’m glad both guilty parties paid a price for their evil.

This is the one I’m thinking about.

https://www.odmp.org/officer/7933-in...rd-mack-latham
    Thanks, Newb. That's a terrible tale. I was still working in NYC at the time for a different Treasury outfit. Probably why it doesn't come to mind like the murders of Kiki Camarena and, a few years later, Everett Hatcher (also DEA).
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Raleigh PD shot one last night in the abdomen last night. They had some issues with the locals later on.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=js5fcJ...TTNBH1&index=2

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Raleigh PD shot one last night in the abdomen last night. They had some issues with the locals later on.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=js5fcJ...TTNBH1&index=2
    They released Bodycam an Dashcam footage from a shooting yesterday? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    They released Bodycam an Dashcam footage from a shooting yesterday? Wow.
    They’ve had a few OIS the past few months...and, while I don’t like some of her decisions, she stands behind her officers...EVERY TIME. That means a lot.

With this OIS there was some bad reporting by a local new agency that sent a false narrative...that’s the reason behind the quick release.

Site Supporter
    Many police agencies, as well as police unions and union attorneys, keep it zipped tight after use of force incidents. In the case of the agencies, I suspect it is caused by fear they will defend an officer if it turns out the shoot or other force usage was bad. With unions and their attorneys, I think it is often a lack of experience and knowledge of the real world in 2020. (Trust me on this, stupidity by FOP lodges and attorneys was occurring in 1984 in Maryland. Ask me how I know.)

If we don't get our story (which is the truth with almost all agencies) out there, preferably backed with video,the news media will get their version from the bad guys.

Bravo zulu to this agency on all levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Any idea why they would persist in a foot pursuit over an open alcohol container? That seemed super dangerous to the criminal and the cops running through traffic and ultimately ended in the criminal's death. For an open container....
    You know how you catch dangerous, wanted people? You do it by enforcing the smaller things. If a suspect runs and fights like that I’m thinking there’s a lot more going on than an open container. He chose to run, he chose to fight and resist, and he chose to take the Officer’s gun. He made all the bad life choices and they reacted to it.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    ...They had some issues with the locals later on...
    To campaign against a perceived mistreatment of marginalized members of society, an angry crowd surrounded the home of a small-statured woman of color? To the point her officers had to place a protective detail at her home to protect her, a female minority, from a mass of people out to intimidate. I'm not surprised but am still shaking my head in disbelief at the sheer irony. At least she put on her uniform, went out before sunrise, and had the wherewithal to scold the media and anyone watching for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    To campaign against a perceived mistreatment of marginalized members of society, an angry crowd surrounded the home of a small-statured woman of color? To the point her officers had to place a protective detail at her home to protect her, a female minority, from a mass of people out to intimidate. I'm not surprised but am still shaking my head in disbelief at the sheer irony. At least she put on her uniform, went out before sunrise, and had the wherewithal to scold the media and anyone watching for it.
    Yea, I found out about all that later on. They also visited the mayors house and the Governors mansion, which led to a large response of SHP Troopers going to Raleigh.

Like I said, they've had a few OIS lately...and she has stood behind the officers every time. The WTVD reporter should be fired for swirling that shit up like he did.
    Last edited by KeeFus; 03-12-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    You know how you catch dangerous, wanted people? You do it by enforcing the smaller things. If a suspect runs and fights like that I’m thinking there’s a lot more going on than an open container. He chose to run, he chose to fight and resist, and he chose to take the Officer’s gun. He made all the bad life choices and they reacted to it.
    To expand on this, that is why traffic stops are so dangerous. We make a stop for a seat belt violation, or a stop sign violation, if the person is a bad guy he already knows what he has done, even he doesn't know why he is being stopped. I have stopped guys leaving burglaries. Homicide suspects. Felons with guns. I was just driving behind a guy who I knew was drunk, but the indicator and legal reason for stop would have been crossing out of his traffic lane without signaling. One thing we try to teach is <cringe> to look beyond the stop...several of you will recognize the phrase and know where it came from. What else could possibly be going on here? Why would this guy be doing this? Sometimes it is a simple brain fart, or lack of attention, but sometime there is truly heinous stuff afoot and it is up to us to figure out what is up with very little clues. Ted Bundy spoke to a cop with one of his victims trussed up in the passenger seat next to him and covered with a blanket.

Last month I got into a fight with a guy when he figured out that I knew he lied to me about his name. I had indices that he was up to no good, but until he lied to me about his name, I really didn't have a reason to detain him. So he lied, then he tried to run, and then he fought. What he knew when I stopped him, was that he had just stolen a motor scooter, he was a felon that had failed to comply with his probation agreement and had a no bond pick up order from Adult Probation and Parole, and was going to prison for a while when he got caught, and he had burglary tools, a concealed weapon, and a crack pipe in his pocket. He knew that before I ever noticed him, let alone stopped him, and he tried to play the odds, that I wasn't going to notice or follow up on what I noticed was wrong. A simple motorist assist turned into a physical fight with several levels of WTF?, levels of issues that I would not be fully aware of until after I won the fight and investigated further. I really didn't want to be rolling in the street in the upper teens in temperature at 20 minutes to shift change. Any plausilble explanation without a point to follow up on would have caused me to go away and mind my own beezwax. Investigations are frequently concluded by pulling on a thread, seemingly minor at the time and maybe inconsequential, and seeing what falls apart. One of my early street sergents used to tell me "you get paid to be curious, and then to try to satisfy that curiosity."

Big criminals frequently commit small crimes.

Time for bed....

pat

Site Supporter
    In my salad days, a young prosecutor asked me how I cited so many suspended drivers. I told him that I worked midnight shift and stopped a ton of cars for equipment violations. In Maryland, equipment violations are usually issued a repair order rather than an actual citation. That will cost the vehicle owner money for repairs, but no traffic record or fine.

Today, of course, advocates of progressive justice argue that equipment stops are "predatory policing" and inherently biased. On the other hand, few pedestrians struck vehicles much care why the driver had an inoperable headlight.

That young prosecutor is now chief judge of the county's circuit court. I'm pretty much nothing.

User Tag List