Page 182 of 372 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 3714

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy Brown View Post
    Even before I got to the part where she took out her gun, I had a bad reaction to hearing how she spoke to that suspect. I saw no reason to tell him all the extra charges she was going to throw at him. The demeanor shown when she was saying, “...because it’s the law...” was so condescending and self-righteous. I agree she had quite the case of rookie-itis. She’s the type of female officer that gives other females a bad reputation because she believes too heavily in the power of the vag with the badge. Harsh words, but true.
    I'm glad @Foxy Brown weighed in. As an experienced female copper & trainer, her opinion should be heard. I pay attention to her, regardless of my thoughts.

09/05/19
    I want to spell something out shouldn’t need to be spelled out based on the existing rules. If you want to bash another cop because of what they look like, what genitals they have, etc. you will not have a place in the LE forum. We get enough judgment from people who are ignorant of who we are as it is, putting up with it from other "good guys" is complete bullshit and there will be zero tolerance of it. Criticize techniques, tactics, policies, etc. all you want. That is both within the mission statement and something we can learn from. If you don’t know the difference, ask an adult to review your post before submitting.

Don’t be an asshole. Again, we get enough negativity and stonings from the general public. If you are toxic to the subforum based on how you interact with others, you will not have a place here. Respectful disagreement and debate is, of course, welcome. If you don’t know the difference, ask an adult to review your post before submitting.

I will not PM warnings individually. If you think this applies to you, it probably does. If you’re here because I linked it in another thread, think about why.

This applies equally to sworn and non-sworn.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 12-07-2019 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Edited by mod

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Frankly, BBI, I’m not seeing how my comment differs from anyone else’s criticism of her.
    I notice you were the only one who referred to her genitals or made any remarks that her sex affected her performance. Rookies gonna rookie, and some will be better then others. I see zero evidence that she would have handled it better with a penis.

Now, I will paint with a broad brush
    Not here.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I notice you were the only one who referred to her genitals or made any remarks that her sex affected her performance. Rookies gonna rookie, and some will be better then others. I see zero evidence that she would have handled it better with a penis.

Not here.
    Not trying to be a jerk, and I get forum rules and PC and all, but guys do stupid stuff and girls do stupid stuff and so on.

My problem is PC getting in the way of calling out what is done wrong. I’ve worked with a bunch of people that have done a bunch of stupid things... guys, girls, and myself. To prohibit criticism of actions because those actions may be gender based is sweeping under the rug.

Wait... think...

It is denial of what makes us better, and that is BAD.

Foxy Brown’s comments ring true based on many of my experiences - while at the same time some of my best partners have been female. I don’t see what is so wrong saying that guys can be impulsive and juvenile and inappropriately violent in interactions and females can use sex and the assumption they won’t get punched in the face...

Sometimes we need to really address these gender “norms” and decide that as decent people we’re gonna act like we should. That may be being less of a “man” or less of a “woman” but if we’re gonna do this job we better be able to get beyond our base emotions.

Here’s another angle... cops.

Cops are “good”. We don’t judge with a broad brush. If we see lots of cops screwing up the same way, we simply say it needs to be judged individually and disregard the pattern. On the other hand, we can identify what may be less than ideal or even ... oh my gosh wrong... and fix it.

Guys... we have specific issues we often need to improve
    Women... you do too.

We can ignore it and continue to shoot mom’s who absolutely didn’t need to be shot... to rush in and make problems worse... to use physical violence when words would work... but when we make certain ”threat IDs” off limits, we must...

We must accept the fact that we are not as good as we could be.

It sucks to suck.

Edited to add... there is not “zero evidence”... the evidence is in the video. What was a failure and what was a success? Why? Let’s discuss that.
    Last edited by SoCalDep; 12-08-2019 at 02:51 AM.

This particular public forum is not the venue for those conversations. If you want to go to your department and say "you women need to..." or whatever, do it there. Personally, I think it's better to address the issue with the given individuals who display it, but that's your call to make when you want to address it there. Or Facebook. Or your local media. However, it will not be done here. Any further debate on the topic can be done via PM. Any further posts here will need to be on topic and comply with the mission and rules of the subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    From my retired vantage point, I don't think BBI is shying away from the truth. I think he is trying to enforce critiquing the behavior or actions and not the gender of the officer.
    Correct. Criticisms need to be actionable. If the message is "don't have a vagina" that is not actionable. That is simply demeaning and discouraging. Be assertive without being needless rude is actionable. Don't expect compliance is actionable. Don't expect everyone to respect your badge or your badge to deflect bullets is actionable. These are all within the mission here.

If your post is missing, you missed the part that said "Any further debate on the topic can be done via PM."

If @LittleLebowski agrees and people think this is a conversation that really needs to be had in full view, perhaps the Coterie would be a good place for it.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 12-08-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Man rear-ended patrol vehicle then charges officer with a knife.

Site Supporter
    ^^^Outstanding commentary, Chief!

Just curious...anyone know the why for Ronald's attack? EDP, some chemical additives, ambush??? Does not look like a suicide by cop (said with complete ignorance about the situation).
    Last edited by jd950; 12-09-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    Man rear-ended patrol vehicle then charges officer with a knife.

A very similar thing happened to my partner a couple years back. A guy rear-ended him and then when he got out of the car to check on him he rear-ended the car again then tried to hit my partner. He was able to jump back in the car but it broke his door, laying it up against the front fender. By happenstance I was close by and was able to get on the other end of the road the suspect was driving down so we, in theory, had him boxed in. The suspect left the roadway fleeing and died in the crash before either of us located him.

While we can't be sure what the motive was, or that he even originally knew that the car he rear-ended was a police vehicle since it was unmarked (but not covert, it had lights inside the glass, etc) but his parents said he blamed the police for his kids being taken from his custody.

All I have to say is 5 years left and I’m done. Listen to the “activists” on this one:

https://www.fox9.com/news/activists-...oting-released

Clown World

User Tag List