Page 171 of 374 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 3732

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

LAPD running gunfight:

Site Supporter

Good work by SDPD. Starting @ the 4:20 mark is a good example of why dedicated (Single Point) slings are horrible for LE work. You can’t securely “sling” a single point for any of the many reasons you will likely need to sling-up during a patrol rifle deployment. Handcuffing, climbing obstacles to get into a better position, performing emergency medical aid on yourself, your buddy, or another innocent person, etc.
    Last edited by HCM; 10-05-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Good work by SDPD. Starting @ the 4:20 mark is a good example of why dedicated (Single Point) slings are horrible for LE work. You can’t securely “sling” a single point for any of the many reasons you will likely need to sling-up during a patrol rifle deployment. Handcuffing, climbing obstacles to get into a better position, performing emergency medical aid on yourself, your buddy, or another innocent person, etc.
    I’m always impressed by ABLE, the SDPD helicopter crew, every time I see one of their videos.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    LAPD running gunfight:

Wow - it never ceases to amaze me the great work guys do on the street. A couple of quick take aways from me:

1. Officer 1 (first video) did quite a bit of shooting at a target where I'm not sure we could say the backdrop is clear (second or third engagement looked like he was shooting straight into the front of a neighboring house). Not sure how to avoid that - and happy to hear input from those of you who've been around doing uniformed stuff for a while

2. Nice reload with retention on Officer 2 (second video), though he seemed to hold onto that partial mag through a couple of iterations of hand movements where I thought he was stashing it away

3. Final interaction seemed decisive - CNS hit with that single shot, I'm assuming?

4. GREAT teamwork once the guys started stacking up - I LOVED how someone took charge and directed only one officer to do the talking - TEXTBOOK!

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Was pretty tough to watch as he fumbled around with the one point, agree two point is much better.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post

1. Officer 1 (first video) did quite a bit of shooting at a target where I'm not sure we could say the backdrop is clear (second or third engagement looked like he was shooting straight into the front of a neighboring house). Not sure how to avoid that - and happy to hear input from those of you who've been around doing uniformed stuff for a while
    In a fairly crowded urban environment? You often can't. It simply comes to the doctrine of competing harms. Is is potentially hazardous to fire with an unknown or potentially hazardous backdrop? Yes. Is it more harmful to allow the bad guy to continue to shoot unopposed and lengthen the gun battle? Yes.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Oklahoma City—

The guy that had just done the shooting probably did not need to be calling the felony stop.

https://www.policeone.com/patrol-vid...28yHwQ4NfYBOd/

This sounds like trouble...

A Texas police officer responding to a call of an open front door early on Saturday shot into a woman’s home from outside her window, killing her in her bedroom, officials said.

Officers responded to a residence in Fort Worth, Tex., regarding an “open structure” call around 2:30 a.m. and found the front door open, the police said in a statement.

When the officers searched the perimeter of the house, one officer outside noticed a person standing inside, near a window. “Perceiving a threat,” he drew his weapon and fired once into the house at the person, the police said.

Officers entered the house, located the injured resident and a firearm, and began providing emergency medical care, the police said. The woman was pronounced dead at the scene.

The woman, Atatiana Jefferson, 28, who was black, died in her bedroom at 2:30 a.m., according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office. The Fort Worth Police Department did not release the officer’s name, but disclosed that he was white and had been with the department since April 2018.
    ...but this link has the body cam video which may provide a different take from a couple of articles I've seen:

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...236067328.html
    Last edited by blues; 10-12-2019 at 08:29 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    This sounds like trouble...

...but this link has the body cam video which may provide a different take from a couple of articles I've seen:

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...236067328.html
    Damn, that sucks. If somebody was outside at night shining a light in my bedroom window and all I hear is “put your hands up! Show me your hands!” I’m sure as fuck not putting my gun down if I have one.

User Tag List