Page 165 of 374 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 3733

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Who the fuck calls a pursuit for someone that tried to murder officers?

The brotherhood is fucking dead and buried.
    The fear of liability rules law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Who the fuck calls a pursuit for someone that tried to murder officers?

The brotherhood is fucking dead and buried.
    Amen! And I’d expect a city like Baltimore to have access to a helo to help...

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Guy who is recording is 10/10 commentary.

...and that initial "zip" sound...he's lucky he didn't get dinged.
    Are we sure that's a guy? I was scratching my head, but seriously hilarious.

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Amen! And I’d expect a city like Baltimore to have access to a helo to help...
    I would expect a city as broke and corrupt as Baltimore wouldn't be able to afford a helicopter.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I would expect a city as broke and corrupt as Baltimore wouldn't be able to afford a helicopter.
    We're moving more and more to drones and our helicopter flies less and less. We sold 2 of our 3 quite awhile back. Honestly, the drones are better for most of our uses. I think it's not too far off in the future when pursuits will be about keeping a moving perimeter and drones with eyes on target. It's going to be an interesting ride as policy and case law changes to keep up with the times.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter

The radio alert said a gray pickup. The truck the sheriff shot 10 times was white.

The radio alert said a gray pickup. The truck the sheriff shot 10 times was white.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...NAUtBYtqJGAJz8

The morning was sunny and bright last February when Texas Department of Public Safety Trooper Lee Meadow noticed the pickup truck that just passed him on Interstate 10 was missing a front license plate. With the trooper’s lights flashing behind him, the driver eased to a stop on the right side of the highway just outside of Junction.

As Meadow approached the open window on the truck’s passenger side door a handgun suddenly appeared and a single shot blasted over his right shoulder. Meadow dropped to the ground and the truck sped off. The trooper ran back to his cruiser, radioing he'd been shot at and was in pursuit of a gray Chevy Colorado pickup.

Sheriff Hilario Cantu was in his office when he heard the radio traffic. He and Deputy Jack Noah jumped into a Kimble County cruiser. Noticing the shotgun he’d grabbed on the way out wasn’t loaded, Cantu exchanged it for Noah’s assault rifle.

The sheriff and his deputy stationed themselves at a highway exit just west of Junction. Noah set up close to the guardrail in case he had to quickly bail out. Soon the sheriff saw a pickup heading their way “at a high rate of speed” and suddenly switching lanes.

Cantu raised his rifle as the truck approached. He fired as it sped past, pocking the vehicle with a line of ten bullet holes that ran from the front panel across the passenger door and into the rear of the cab. The truck drifted off the road about a quarter-mile ahead.

“Sheriff Cantu then looked back and saw that the actual suspect vehicle being pursued was now approaching,” a report from that day states. The vehicle he’d shot into was not a gray Colorado, but a white Silverado.

“At this point,” according to the document, “Sheriff Cantu realized that he had fired on the wrong vehicle.”

Shooting at cars discouraged

Hugo Reyes was returning from his job in the West Texas oilfields to his home in Edinburg. As he drove east, he chatted on the phone with his wife, Amparo Villareal, and his father-in-law.

“He told me he saw the police on the side of the road,” Villarreal recalled. “He thought it was weird that they had big guns.”

“Suddenly we heard this ruckus. I thought he’d gotten distracted and he’d hit somebody. Then the phone cut off.”
    In 2015, legislators passed a law requiring that all police shootings be reported to the Office of the Attorney General within 30 days.

As of mid-August, six months after Cantu shot Reyes, the only report from Feb. 20, 2019, was one from the Department of Public Safety, for the trooper who fired at the gray pickup driver as he sped away. (Sharrod Moore, who was fleeing a murder he'd committed in El Paso, pulled off the highway at the exit past Sheriff Cantu and killed himself.) After Hearst Newspapers inquired, Sheriff Cantu filed his report the following day.
    The only agency in my metro area that still shoots at vehicles solely to stop them is TX DPS and they are usually judicious about it.

I’m curious what Sheriff Cantu’s background is as being elected officials, not all sheriffs are career LEOs.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-04-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Merged with the ongoing UoF thread.

Our policy is "prohibited from shooting at or from a moving vehicle." We are, however, allowed to shoot at the driver if deadly force is authorized because the vehicle itself is being used as a weapon, ie terrorist driving through pedestrians. Shooting at a vehicle driving by would require some serious justification beyond just "trying to affect an arrest by deadly force".
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter

La Crosse Police Officer Takes Round in the Vest During Shootout

https://www.tactical-life.com/news/l...icer-shootout/

La Crosse Police Officer Takes One in the Vest During Shootout

A domestic disturbance call turned chaotic and violent recently, erupting in a close-range gun fight in Wisconsin. In the end, a La Crosse Police Officer took a round in the vest before shooting the suspect and stopping the threat.

Officer body cam footage captured the shootout, which came fast and furious. The incident began when the officer approached 34-year-old Allen C. Kruk. The disturbance occurred at a home belonging Kruk’s ex-wife, according to madison.com. When the officer approached Kruk and attempted to speak to him, the suspect immediately withdrew into the home. The officer pursued Kruk, who quickly pulled a gun.

Footage shows the scene explode into a gun fight. The officer sees the gun, struggles with the suspect, then backs away to create distance. “Gun, gun, gun,” he yells. He then fires a couple of rounds as he backs away to the corner of an adjacent building. A few seconds later he advances again, firing more rounds at the suspect as the target becomes available in his view. The suspect returns fire, and it’s here where the officer retreats again, apparently hit by a round. He then retreats further behind the opposite corner of the adjacent building.
    One thing that stood out was te Officer being unable to get his radio traffic out because someone is having an extended conversation on the radio. This is the 21st century - cell phones are a thing, if it’s long enough for punctuation make it a phone call.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-05-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Site Supporter
    Gun grab. Looks like Albuquerque?

Some pretty serious target glancing before the attack.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-06-2019 at 11:22 PM.

User Tag List