Page 16 of 374 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Friday tangent.....

10 police officers who went the extra mile this year

Couldn't figure out how to embed the video... Sorry.

/tangent
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Interesting video. Background article.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Interesting video. Background article.

fast forward to 2:14

Officer 1 holstered his gun, officer 2 is holstering his gun and there is clearly a gun between the two officers that magically appeared from under the doer and you can clearly see the guy grab officer 2's gun when it discharged.

GTFO out of here with all that other jazz, UOF looks to be totally justified.
    Last edited by voodoo_man; 12-19-2015 at 05:47 PM.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    fast forward to 2:14

Officer 1 holstered his gun, officer 2 is holstering his gun and there is clearly a gun between the two officers that magically appeared from under the doer and you can clearly see the guy grab officer 2's gun when it discharged.

GTFO out of here with all that other jazz, UOF looks to be totally justified.
    @ 1:37 is the first time the gun appears from what I can tell. It looks like the officer on the left pulls it out of the front of his belt, and proceeds to fingerfuck it on the ground turning it around multiple times instead of securing it, which seems rather odd to me.

Re-watched the video and at :28 - :30 it appears officer 1 sticks the handgun in his waistband and pulls it out later at 1:37. But, I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Shellback; 12-19-2015 at 06:46 PM.

@ 1:37 is the first time the gun appears from what I can tell. It looks like the officer on the left pulls it out of the front of his belt, and proceeds to fingerfuck it on the ground turning it around multiple times instead of securing it, which seems rather odd to me.

Re-watched the video and at :28 - :30 it appears officer 1 sticks the handgun in his waistband and pulls it out later at 1:37. But, I could be wrong.
    That's what it looked like to me. When officer 1 started saying he'd been shot my first thought was that the pistol he jammed is his belt had popped him during the struggle. I couldn't tell if there was a gun grab on officer 2.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Here's the official shooting review: http://www.scribd.com/doc/293642998/...l-Death-Report

Here's the official shooting review: http://www.scribd.com/doc/293642998/...l-Death-Report
    I like to see these types of factual documents posted to compare to statements of conjecture and non-official reports.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I like to see these types of factual documents posted to compare to statements of conjecture and non-official reports.
    I do too. There are several "factual statements" in that document that don't jive with the video posted. I do think that the video referenced for the report is a different one from this video as well.

I do too. There are several "factual statements" in that document that don't jive with the video posted. I do think that the video referenced for the report is a different one from this video as well.
    So the obvious statement to make here is that the officer's judgments and actions are not based on a video which is seen at a later time and may be examined, frame by frame to show some sort of "ha! see you fucked up there!" moment but by a reasonable officer standard based on the information, knowledge and experience the officer has at that moment and that moment alone.

edit - evidence would have to exist that clearly shows some sort criminal act which could be attributed to the officer's actions that they knew and disregarded or caused - such actions do not exist in this video.
    Last edited by voodoo_man; 12-20-2015 at 05:07 PM.
    VDMSR.com

So the obvious statement to make here is that the officer's judgments and actions are not based on a video which is seen at a later time and may be examined, frame by frame to show some sort of "ha! see you fucked up there!" moment but by a reasonable officer standard based on the information, knowledge and experience the officer has at that moment and that moment alone.

edit - evidence would have to exist that clearly shows some sort criminal act which could be attributed to the officer's actions that they knew and disregarded or caused - such actions do not exist in this video.
    I'm cool with that and agree. What do you think the reasoning is behind securing the guy's weapon in the officer's belt and then pulling it back out and placing it on the ground?

User Tag List