Page 158 of 374 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 3733

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    This thread is on the verge of becoming enough of a pain in my ass that it will no longer be a thing. Disagreement if fine. Do it within the confines of the rules or GTFO.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....sion-Statement

Highlights include:

We like to think of everybody on PF.com being on the same side. We are all good guys here, whether we wear a badge or not. Anybody who forgets that and starts to post a bunch of divisive drivel is going to be shown the door.
    Everybody's participation is welcome here just as it is anywhere else on the forum. We simply require that participation is useful. If you have an intelligent question on the LE forum's topics, by all means ask. If you have useful input, by all means contribute. If you aren't sure that your question is intelligent or that your input is useful, hold on to it until you are.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

A true 21st Century gunfight. Fight to slide lock and then bump your body cam on as part of the reload.

https://youtu.be/K7ZbPA8cG2Y
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    I am guessing the people that made that policy have never had a car driven at them with the intent of running them over.
    I was involved in a fatal OIS last year involving a suspect that tried to run over me after a pursuit (unbeknownst to me at the time...he was armed with a handgun and AR15, had meth in the vehicle, tested positive for heroin and meth, was wanted by USM Task Force for Meth Trafficking, and had told an informant that he wouldn't go back to prison).

It was a good shoot legally and policy wise (and marksmanship-wise if I say so...7 rnds. fired, 4 chest / 1 head hit at night on parallel, then laterally, moving target).

However, the "interview" (3 hour interrogation) with the I/A morons was a clusterfu#*.

"Did you ever think to use your P.A. to tell him to stop?" Well, I figured the blue lights/siren conveyed that sufficiently...also, my vehicle doesn't have a P.A.

"What?! You said earlier that all your equipment was working!" Uh, yeah...all the emergency equipment that is installed on my vehicle was working.

"Have you previously notified a supervisor that you don't have a P.A?!" Well, since you guys equipped and issued the vehicle to me, I assumed you knew it didn't have one. Do I need to notify you that the roof-mounted lightbar that I don't have isn't working then? (My vehicle had an interior windshield lightbar).

"You have a lot of training...have you ever trained to shoot at a moving vehicle??" I've always been trained to shoot at the threat.

"But have you ever been trained to shoot at a moving vehicle?!" I've shot at a moving target on the range before, but not a moving vehicle.

"Why do you think that is??" (I assumed they were trying to get me to admit on record that shooting at a moving vehicle threat is a bad idea, even though within policy) My answer..."Well, I figure because it's too hard to find someone willing to drive a car back and forth across the range while someone shoots at them."

I could almost hear the "Doh!" in their heads after each answer.

They also asked if I always ran the tag of a vehicle I was stopping before making contact with the driver. I initially scoffed...then realized they were genuinely asking and had no clue why you'd do that.

It's amazing the level of ignorance and ineptitude of policy makers and interpreters.
    Last edited by kwb377; 08-14-2019 at 12:39 PM.

^^^kwb, thanks for sharing that. I can only imagine your level of frustration. Amazing.

(My IA interviews, though equally moronic, pale by comparison.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    However, the "interview" (3 hour interrogation) with the I/A morons was a clusterfu#*.
    Sorry to hear that your IA acted like a bunch of idiots. I've had precisely one UOF investigation (not fatal, not an OIS) and our unit that handles such matters actually backed me up and issued a formal finding that the manager who tried to fuck me was in the wrong and doesn't know how to do his job (including compelling a statement from me without a Kalkines warning). The investigating agent then told me I was scoped, took me out for BBQ to discuss the clusterfuck with his office supervisor and reassure me that I did the right thing and to call them immediately if anyone in management even hinted retribution against me.

Of course, the guy in our professional responsibility/internal affairs unit that handles all of our UOF cases is a former street cop that has been in shootings and three DOJ civil rights investigations....so he knows how to do the job appropriately instead of simply trying to make a case out of nothing.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I was involved in a fatal OIS last year involving a suspect that tried to run over me after a pursuit (unbeknownst to me at the time...he was armed with a handgun and AR15, had meth in the vehicle, tested positive for heroin and meth, was wanted by USM Task Force for Meth Trafficking, and had told an informant that he wouldn't go back to prison).

It was a good shoot legally and policy wise (and marksmanship-wise if I say so...7 rnds. fired, 4 chest / 1 head hit at night on parallel, then laterally, moving target).

"Did you ever think to use your P.A. to tell him to stop?" Well, I figured the blue lights/siren conveyed that sufficiently...also, my vehicle doesn't have a P.A.

"What?! You said earlier that all your equipment was working!" Uh, yeah...all the emergency equipment that is installed on my vehicle was working.

"Have you previously notified a supervisor that you don't have a P.A?!" Well, since you guys equipped and issued the vehicle to me, I assumed you knew it didn't have one. Do I need to notify you that the roof-mounted lightbar that I don't have isn't working then? (My vehicle had an interior windshield lightbar).

"You have a lot of training...have you ever trained to shoot at a moving vehicle??" I've always been trained to shoot at the threat.

"But have you ever been trained to shoot at a moving vehicle?!" I've shot at a moving target on the range before, but not a moving vehicle.

"Why do you think that is??" (I assumed they were trying to get me to admit on record that shooting at a moving vehicle threat is a bad idea, even though within policy) My answer..."Well, I figure because it's too hard to find someone willing to drive a car back and forth across the range while someone shoots at them."

I could almost hear the "Doh!" in their heads after each answer.

They also asked if I always ran the tag of a vehicle I was stopping before making contact with the driver. I initially scoffed...then realized they were genuinely asking and had no clue why you'd do that.

It's amazing the level of ignorance and ineptitude of policy makers and interpreters.
    That's unacceptable of IA, in my opinion. That's far too long, assuming you had it all on camera.

I was involved in a moving vehicle situation in January. My IA interview was the entire IA team gathered around a large monitor watching my dash cam. At no time was I "grilled" for anything. Maybe they knew my answers would have mirrored your answers or maybe my department's IA is not full of Dbags.

Good job putting that situation to an end. Holler if you are ever up here in the Rocket City.
    Last edited by lwt16; 08-14-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    That's unacceptable of IA, in my opinion. That's far too long, assuming you had it all on camera.

I was involved in a moving vehicle situation in January. My IA interview was the entire IA team gathered around a large monitor watching my dash cam. At no time was I "grilled" for anything. Maybe they knew my answers would have mirrored your answers or maybe my department's IA is not full of Dbags.

Good job putting that situation to an end. Holler if you are ever up here in the Rocket City.

One word will explain it for ya'...ALEA. My incident happened the very next day after I downloaded my retirement paperwork from RSA, lol.

I now work part-time as an SRO with my original agency...their UOF review would be the same as yours. "{watches video} Looks good to me..."

One word will explain it for ya'...ALEA. My incident happened the very next day after I downloaded my retirement paperwork from RSA, lol.

I now work part-time as an SRO with my original agency...their UOF review would be the same as yours. "{watches video} Looks good to me..."

Lol........I thought you wrote "CALEA" for a minute.

You are a better man than I am. I'm not sitting anywhere for three hours.

I was subjected to a "citizen review board". Not one question was asked.

Sometimes business has to be handled. Sort of glad mine was on dash cam because pre- "record everything you do including digging in your nose" policing became en vogue, they'd have had a duck fit over mine....and would have thought I made half of it up.

Good times.....the sane part of me is "can't wait to retire and get the hades out of this stupid line of work".

The not so sane part is all "whaddaya thinking! Quit? Where else you gonna get to handle business? Heck, after two decades, you aren't mentally fit for anything else!"

Regards.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Sort of glad mine was on dash cam...
    What makes it worse, mine was all on bodycam. They had my video and written statement before even showing up. As frustrating as the interview was, it was kind of a fun game. I've got probably as much (or more) interview/interrogation experience and training as those two clowns. I could read where they were trying to steer the question before they finished asking it, and steered my answer in the opposite direction (while answering truthfully and factually). I think they were more frustrated at the end than I was.

That's probably why it took so long.

My opinion is that I had no policy violations for them to hammer on, so they eventually resorted to critiquing tactics (which I thought was humorous...I doubt they have a combined 5 years of actual enforcement/patrol).
    Last edited by kwb377; 08-14-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Lol....PM sent.

User Tag List