Page 154 of 373 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 3727

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

This occurred in Coweta County GA .

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-ne...xBzdHZf5kGfhJ/

Milwaukee:

^^^^Well done.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Bolke and Dobbs are right again. I’m betting that the fellow officer was struck by the two rounds that appear to be fired after the bad guy goes down.

https://www.tacticalshit.com/man-dea...olice-graphic/
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Meanwhile in Gotham City...

Discussions about what training civilians need before they can carry a firearm or lawfully hang out past midnight somewhere are pretty common...

...Meanwhile Gotham City's Finest are #TCB ...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B0JzrRlAjYx/
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Certainly not the way I would have handled it, but I'm apparently a dinosaur.

That said, the comments is both ridiculous and wrong.

Police are allowed to use the "minimum amount of force" necessary to effect their arrest.
    Negative. Police are allowed to use REASONABLE force. That is not the same as "minimum amount" and "minimum amount" has never been the legal standard.

This is one of the most pathetic and potentially dangerous uses of force I have ever seen.
    Then you haven't seen much. The guy isn't even actively fighting. It's passive resistance other than grabbing the Taser.

It could have very easily turned into a lethal force situation due to their LACK of action.
    In the most technical sense, sure. It was a robbery when he took the officer's Taser. He took property by force. My state also specifically makes attempting to disarm an officer of any weapon, Taser, etc. to be a felony. Realistically, though...no. A guy trying to maintain his feet and taking a spent Taser is not a lethal force situation, particularly with that many officers on him.

In short, there's certainly some issues there but the comments vastly inflate the situation. I guess that gets more clicks or whatever, but the suspect never even threw a punch. If that's the most dangerous resist you've ever seen you've had a pretty blessed career.

As to why the officers did what they did, who knows. I'd say perhaps over reliant on their tools, wanting a more "picturesque" resist, or maybe the guy is just a mentally ill frequent flier that they don't want to smoke because they know it'll just make him harder to deal with next time.

That said, if they hadn't worked against each other, didn't bother with the tools, and just took his arms, broke his stance, and laid him down they'd have been fine. I suspect this is an instance were two cops would have been better than more than two cops. Too many hands, not enough coordination.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

That was a sad display.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Related question for you guys who use a taser at work. Has anyone ever seen the “drive stun” mode used effectively? It sure looked like in this case it just made the arestee more resisty.

I’ve never taken a full ride with probes, but I did ask a friend in LE to hit me with the drive stun a couple of times and the pain wasn’t nearly as noteable as the massive adrenaline dump and an immediate flipping of my internal “fight” switch, which looks to me to be what happened here too.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Certainly not the way I would have handled it, but I'm apparently a dinosaur.

That said, the comments is both ridiculous and wrong.
    Yeah, the comments on just about any SM post are beyond mind-numbing. I would prefer it if I could post the video without the comments.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

User Tag List