Page 151 of 374 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 3733

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Hot damn that was an utter cluster fuck.

Athens turning in to the liberal cesspool it is, the reluctance to shoot this bastard definitely comes from the higher echelons of political correctness and “you don’t need to kill him”. Plenty of ignorant fools commenting on how the officers should’ve tased him and the usual comments.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    What an absolute shit show of a performance by those two. Unfortunately they are the norm nowadays for sworn LE, warriors aren’t wanted anymore in this profession.
    I am hearing that the officer that took the final shot is a rookie, still in training, but I don’t know that for sure.

I do know that this is his second OIS since March.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I am hearing that the officer that took the final shot is a rookie, still in training, but I don’t know that for sure.

nice introduction to the job..

There was a local cop that had 3 in his first year of service. He left the profession after being cleared on all 3.

Site Supporter

Dont know about the first one but this guy needed shot. Pat Rogers (RIP)had a technical term for guys like that - Shit Magnets. Pat was one himself so it's not derogatory.

I knew a DA investigator in CA who had 5 with his prior PD in a few years - all justified but the writing was on the wall.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-02-2019 at 10:55 PM.

Site Supporter
    I was considered an extremely patient and polite sergeant. On several occasions, after I had to escalate tone and language, newer officers remarked that they had never seen me angry before. In most cases, it wasn't anger, but a realization that continued courtesy was pointless and ineffective.

That said, while I realize the chief of my former agency and the assistant city attorney who basically runs the place may love this video (up until the shots being fired), does anyone else think that continuous escalation of courtesy might be counter-productive? I don't object to "please" early on, but I suspect constant begging for compliance may encourage resistance. Perhaps "Stop now, (insert twelve letter word), or I will kill you deader than disco" might have prevented this shooting. Probably not, but telling the bad guy "please" sure didn't work.
    Pretty clearly, saying "please" didn't work and I doubt "pretty please" would have been much better.

I have mentioned in the past regarding formative experiences during my early years, to the point that my father, uncles and most other adult males were WWII veterans. I was raised in the presence of veterans who became cops and firemen. They were all pleasant gentlemen and zero nonsense. The cops (I knew them all by their first names, but always addressed them formally as Officer or Mister...) that I was surrounded by during that time (50's and early 60's) would have dropped that guy after the second step toward them. And nothing, NOT ONE THING negative about the officer would have been said by the community, his superiors or his peers.

Lodi, CA OIS:

wrote an article in reference to that Athens-clark PD video...

https://www.vdmsr.com/2019/07/de-esc...-not-work.html
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Lodi, CA OIS:

From the DOJ report clearing the officers:

"Mr. Palaita was armed with a .22 caliber Harrington & Richardson revolver.
    The revolver was loaded with four live rounds: two .22 rim fire cartridges, and two
    .22 long rifle cartridges. The revolver is designed to hold as many as nine rounds of
    ammunition. All of the .22 cartridges were found to have at least one firing pin
    impression. This indicates that there was an attempt to fire the weapon.

When tested, the revolver functioned normally in single action, but when
    fired in double action, the firing pin did not strike the primer of the cartridge with
    sufficient force to fire the bullet."

User Tag List