Page 144 of 374 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 3733

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    ^ The driver was fired (he had not yet finished his probationary period) and the passenger "faces discipline" subject to union review. The perp had an airgun, but the brother who called 911 had identified it as a gun.

https://ocweekly.com/anaheim-pd-fire...eadly-pursuit/
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 05-09-2019 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Wow, that was crazy. I'm astounded that no bystanders were shot. I'm sure some houses and cars were.

9 hits out of 76 shots fired.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 05-09-2019 at 06:14 AM.
    #RESIST

WT actual F? Guess you had to be there...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Wow, that was crazy. I'm astounded that no bystanders were shot. I'm sure some houses and cars were.

9 hits out of 76 shots fired.
    I’m surprised they hit anything while they were driving but it sounded like they did from their communication back and forth.

That will be a good training video to add to my collection. Mostly on what not to do, but a good training video nonetheless.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

The whole video I am thinking there are rounds coming back at them, then I realize that it was entirely one way. .. wow. I hate to say this but I think they may have watched too many bad cop movies.

My take is that they watched the LVMPD video which is very similar. However, there is a major difference between the LVMPD video and this one. That difference is that in the LVMPD video, the suspects are actively shooting back at the pursuing officers. There is an entirely different level of exigency between waving a gun around and actively slinging rounds.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Athens, GA:

ATHENS, Ga. — Athens-Clarke County Police released bodycam video of a deadly officer-involved shooting that left an alleged "peeping Tom" suspect dead in March.

Police said Carlton Brooks, 63, was accused of watching a female neighbor through his window with binoculars. Officials said the man had been the subject of similar issues in the past.
    https://www.11alive.com/article/news...e-f873b3c6eddc

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    My take is that they watched the LVMPD video which is very similar. However, there is a major difference between the LVMPD video and this one. That difference is that in the LVMPD video, the suspects are actively shooting back at the pursuing officers. There is an entirely different level of exigency between waving a gun around and actively slinging rounds.
    I agree. There have been a few good shooting from a moving vehicle/through the windshield videos captured on body camera or car camera in the last few years. They are all very special circumstances - that make them acceptable. Some folks may be watching these videos and likening it to a “regular” shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vending Machine Operator
    Today I viewed an OIS video from a chase & OIS we had the past weekend (I'm a prosecutor). It has stayed with me all day.

It will probably be some time before it is released to the public, but when it is, I will post it.

I will provide no details or comments on the particular circumstances or individuals until that time. I have plenty to say once that time comes. (good guys won, so there's no cliffhanger on that score).
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 05-10-2019 at 07:48 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Interesting circumstance in Anaheim... Cleared criminally but bad enough to warrant a "we must never do this again" speech by the brass. Cleared but not cleared. Doesn't normally work out that way around here.

User Tag List