Page 141 of 374 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 3733

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Mob surrounded two LEO's

while they were making a drug bust in Chicago and forced them to let the guy go and took the seized drugs out of the squad car. In CA that is called Lynching and Penal Code 405b makes it a felony.

"According to authorities, the two tactical officers were making the drug arrest on Sunday afternoon in the West 4700 block of Gladys Avenue in West Garfield Park.
    Police who had viewed the body camera footage told me one officer dealt with the suspect and another stood a few feet away, watching a bystander who was making threats.

Then, someone reached into the squad car and took seized drugs. The officer standing a few feet away ran to chase the drug thief, and the mob began pressing and threatening the other officer with the suspect. A shot was fired a block away.

Ten people surrounded me indicating they had firearms, then one person away from me … holding his waist … indicating he’d use the firearm against me.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...321-story.html

Vallejo just release body cam footage from the Willie McCoy shooting: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i5aa_7fDvnE

Recap: 21 year old aspiring rapper nods off behind the wheel of a Mercedes in a late night drive-thru and is so out of it he doesn't respond to honking horns. Police are called and notice a gun on his lap with no magazine inserted, but 1 possibly still in the chamber. They try to open the door and secure the weapon, but the doors are locked. They are about to break a window when they notice the car is still in drive so they position cars to block it from moving. At that point (~90 seconds later) the driver slowly begins to come to, police yell show hands, driver stirs then immediately reaches towards the gun. Suspect is hit ~25 times.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Watching these videos reminds me of two things that drive me nuts. One is multiple officers giving commands. One should talk and rest stay quiet unless announcing a threat they see. The other is the repeating of the same command over and over such as “drop the gun!” The more you say it the less likely they are to comply. It also lets the bad guy know the officer is afraid to press the trigger.

The second deputy here needs to stop using her coworker for cover and get on line. If one of my coworkers shoots from over or behind me and I live... things will be extremely unpleasant for him or her.
    I'd have made her life unpleasant after this incident. Her "commands" were counterproductive, she never thought about positioning herself to get an advantage on the suspect, and her weapon light was covering the officer in front of her. No doubt she muzzled him as well.

Like you, videos of poorly executed felony stops and other incidents piss me off.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Gray01 View Post
    while they were making a drug bust in Chicago and forced them to let the guy go and took the seized drugs out of the squad car. In CA that is called Lynching and Penal Code 405b makes it a felony.

"According to authorities, the two tactical officers were making the drug arrest on Sunday afternoon in the West 4700 block of Gladys Avenue in West Garfield Park.
    Police who had viewed the body camera footage told me one officer dealt with the suspect and another stood a few feet away, watching a bystander who was making threats.

Then, someone reached into the squad car and took seized drugs. The officer standing a few feet away ran to chase the drug thief, and the mob began pressing and threatening the other officer with the suspect. A shot was fired a block away.

Ten people surrounded me indicating they had firearms, then one person away from me … holding his waist … indicating he’d use the firearm against me.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...321-story.html
    So we're headed back to the bad old days. There's someplace in every city where one ranger per riot, or even two, just won't cut it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Vallejo fatal OIS:

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I'd have made her life unpleasant after this incident. Her "commands" were counterproductive, she never thought about positioning herself to get an advantage on the suspect, and her weapon light was covering the officer in front of her. No doubt she muzzled him as well.

Like you, videos of poorly executed felony stops and other incidents piss me off.
    If you watch the “protective sweep” that was insanely rushed, you will notice her finger on the trigger too.

Body cam footage from the beginning of an extensive stand-off yesterday in Henry County, GA.

“Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Vallejo fatal OIS:

Boy I hate to MMQB, but as a supervisor and a trainer, I have a lot of problems with this.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Body cam footage from the beginning of an extensive stand-off yesterday in Henry County, GA.

I was holding my breath and cringing while Officer 2 was in front of that large window... he got lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Boy I hate to MMQB, but as a supervisor and a trainer, I have a lot of problems with this.
    Just curious, how would you approach an unresponsive/nodded-out driver with a gun on his lap, locked doors, and the car running in drive?

User Tag List