Page 140 of 374 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 3732

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

I'm not quite sure what precipitated the shooting at the point it commenced but I'm loathe to MMQB. Seemed like their was some dialog and the perp was holding the gun out and away in a manner which appeared to indicate he was about to drop it. Maybe I missed something.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Rookie officer accidentally uses firearm instead of Taser:

https://www.policeone.com/officer-sh...-traffic-stop/

Re: the Lawrence incident, too bad the rest of the backup was just a few seconds late.
    Last edited by blues; 03-26-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Re: the Lawrence incident, too bad the rest of the backup was just a few seconds late.

What's noteworthy is that deadly force easily could have been articulated here given the subject was actually grabbing onto the officer's completely undefended gun at one point. In hindsight it looks like he was just using it as something to grab onto and get leverage to gain a position of dominance. He let go and began striking the officer in the head, but that was all well within human reaction times if the female officer had made a decision to intentionally shoot her gun after seeing the subject grab onto the officer's gun.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    What's noteworthy is that deadly force easily could have been articulated here given the subject was actually grabbing onto the officer's completely undefended gun at one point. In hindsight it looks like he was just using it as something to grab onto and get leverage to gain a position of dominance. He let go and began striking the officer in the head, but that was all well within human reaction times if the female officer had made a decision to intentionally shoot her gun after seeing the subject grab onto the officer's gun.
    No doubt.

Regarding Lawrence, it was absolutely a Deadly Force situation.

The fact that she said "...Taser...Oh Shit I shot him" on camera will likely cost the taxpayers in that area quite a bit of money.

Watching these videos reminds me of two things that drive me nuts. One is multiple officers giving commands. One should talk and rest stay quiet unless announcing a threat they see. The other is the repeating of the same command over and over such as “drop the gun!” The more you say it the less likely they are to comply. It also lets the bad guy know the officer is afraid to press the trigger.

The second deputy here needs to stop using her coworker for cover and get on line. If one of my coworkers shoots from over or behind me and I live... things will be extremely unpleasant for him or her.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Watching these videos reminds me of two things that drive me nuts. One is multiple officers giving commands. One should talk and rest stay quiet unless announcing a threat they see. The other is the repeating of the same command over and over such as “drop the gun!” The more you say it the less likely they are to comply. It also lets the bad guy know the officer is afraid to press the trigger.

The second deputy here needs to stop using her coworker for cover and get on line. If one of my coworkers shoots from over or behind me and I live... things will be extremely unpleasant for him or her.
    It wasn’t just that. There were points where she was giving commands that conflicted with what the other deputy was saying. She needed to be quiet. That’s how bad things happen.

User Tag List