Page 13 of 374 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    A Grand Jury recently No-Billed two Bedar County Sheriffs Deputies in the shooting of. Gilbert Flores. The initial video obtained by news outlets was poor quality. A second video, filmed by the deceased neighbors with better detail was released today.

http://youtu.be/Dq6JzzJ1OLQ

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    There's some more info, which is in the link I provided. Short story, the guy in the lead car is drunk and the LEO observes reckless driving and pursues. Drunk driver flips the car, ejecting his wife (who dies). LEO sees the ejection and considers this to be a felony stop. LEO exits car, draws sidearm (felony stop), and negligently shoots drunk driver once in the neck (paralyzed, perhaps permanently). Other first responders arrive and LEO fails to mention he shot drunk driver for several minutes until he's asked why drunk driver has a GSW to the neck. There's no dispute regarding the shooting . . . it was negligent. The video is a good reminder to exercise caution when muzzling the subject and trigger discipline. I suspect LEO was pumped on adrenaline after a short car chase and seeing the wife ejected and forgot some of his training.
    Gotchya. Didn't know the wife ejected already. I should've read through your other link. Thanks for clarifying.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Wow. Just wow. He can't really say he was surprised that the driver popped out of the car. The guy was out of the car for a bit before he shot him. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in the DA's Office when they were discussing this case.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Wow. Just wow. He can't really say he was surprised that the driver popped out of the car. The guy was out of the car for a bit before he shot him. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in the DA's Office when they were discussing this case.
    Maybe I don't know how I would react unless I was in that situation, but I agree, that still looks jacked up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    A Grand Jury recently No-Billed two Bedar County Sheriffs Deputies in the shooting of. Gilbert Flores. The initial video obtained by news outlets was poor quality. A second video, filmed by the deceased neighbors with better detail was released today.

The amusing part of watching the first 10 minutes (I didn't bother after that) was listening to a couple bicker about the male/female approach to watching/video taping a law enforcement engagement with an ex-con. Hilarious and the only reason why I could get through that much of it.

Withdrawn as too uncharitable for the holidays.
    Last edited by TheRoland; 12-11-2015 at 07:47 PM.

Not to be overly morbid, but it looks rather comical in that he strolls up, draws and fires, and then returns the weapon to the holster like it was no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

WTF??? Gonna watch that again on a bigger screen. There a link to a story somewhere?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    WTF??? Gonna watch that again on a bigger screen. There a link to a story somewhere?
    http://www.kens5.com/story/news/crim...ting/77160484/

Read the story and listen to the 911 calls.

The best story is in the San Antonio Express-news but it's behind a pay wall.

Here is a good summary from the time of the incident: http://heavy.com/news/2015/08/gilber...dead-shooting/
    Last edited by HCM; 12-11-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Whoa.....that looked like a genuine "hands up don't shoot"

User Tag List