Page 127 of 372 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 3714

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    It totally throws off one's game when he/she has no clue where they are and can't tell dispatch, ambulances, and backup where in the hades the poop just hit the fan.

He was playing catch up and let it overwhelm him a bit. I'm not going to be too hard on the guy though. Traumatic events be traumatic and all.

Regards.
    Yep. He got caught in the loop.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by cmbarny2 View Post
    They got the job done and got to go home, even if it was a tad close (thank god for the vest). Adrenaline clearly took over, and I haven't been in that position to say it wouldn't happen to me too. Glad it worked out for them.
    Completely agree.

Site Supporter

Does it seem like the officer in the green shirt gets his finger on the trigger early?

It's a reminder to all of us to be very aware, and to practice, your trigger finger discipline.

Site Supporter
    That suspect killed two family members in an apartment about 4 miles from where I type this, and will be driving by the scene in just a few minutes on the way to church.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

Does it seem like the officer in the green shirt gets his finger on the trigger early?

It's a reminder to all of us to be very aware, and to practice, your trigger finger discipline.
    Could be a side effect of the support hand trigger finger on the trigger guard - either way not a great technique.

What bothered me more, and I'm sure will lead to questions in this shooting, was the conflicting verbal commands. Officer 1: "Do not move!" Officer 2: "Put your hands up!" Looks like the suspect was getting out of the car to put his hands up - then shooting began.

Again, not MMQBing this - just bringing up a point. ONE officer is contact, and gives clear, concise commands. The other officers are there for COVER, and should STFU...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Could be a side effect of the support hand trigger finger on the trigger guard - either way not a great technique.

What bothered me more, and I'm sure will lead to questions in this shooting, was the conflicting verbal commands. Officer 1: "Do not move!" Officer 2: "Put your hands up!" Looks like the suspect was getting out of the car to put his hands up - then shooting began.

Again, not MMQBing this - just bringing up a point. ONE officer is contact, and gives clear, concise commands. The other officers are there for COVER, and should STFU...
    With a knife in his hand. I read reports where the officers initially thought it was a gun.

Site Supporter
    Clearly (in my opinion) the shooting was justified, especially in light of all the facts.

I'm curious about the one officer getting on the trigger as quick as he did, and if the first shot seemed to surprise him.

This is not to put the guy down , but to possibly learn from the situation.

Vending Machine Operator
    Slamming the door open like that and jumping out, after closing it when police approached, holding a knife (metallic, shiny), as a murder suspect? Yeah...that seems straight up reasonable deadly force to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Fayetteville PD officer shot in face in home... Suspect later chased down and shot.

Be vigilant...even in your homes.

https://www.wral.com/mississippi-man...icer/17923294/

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Fayetteville PD officer shot in face in home... Suspect later chased down and shot.

Be vigilant...even in your homes.

https://www.wral.com/mississippi-man...icer/17923294/

I'd be interested in learning the backstory.

User Tag List