Page 12 of 374 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    whats the context of this video? because it looks really bad in the beginning
    The "context" is not good. Whether it's justified or not, it's very hard to justify the appearance of those types of baton strikes. You can "beat" someone with a wimpy ass expandable baton and have very little effect on the bad guy and have terrible looking video. Fortunately it's a white guy so it shouldn't draw to much media attention or outrage.
    Last edited by pablo; 11-18-2015 at 11:36 AM.

Video of shooting by officer in Chicago of Lacquan McDonald. http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20151...g-him-16-times
    Last edited by Kukuforguns; 11-24-2015 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    Video of shooting by officer in Chicago of Lacquan McDonald. http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20151...g-him-16-times
    Can someone offer an opinion on this? Without sound and without knowing if the cops knew he was a PCP user, I can't quite figure out how bad this is.

From my little knowledge, 10 feet from an officer with a knife out and not responding to an officers commands doesn't sound good to me, but 16 shots on target when the person is down pretty early doesn't look good either.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Last edited by Lon; 11-24-2015 at 11:09 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Thank you.

My opinion is that the charge came from the officers inability to stop shooting. It is a classic legal "past the reasonable point" of force use.

One or two shots? Mybe even 10? Good shoot, 100%.

Its like the battered wife who stabs her husband fifteen times. Once or twice in self defense is good work, ten times now we have a problem.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Not sure if this is the best thread or maybe a new one's needed for assaults on officers? Be careful out there. VIDEO HERE.
    Dover, PA - The Northern York County Regional Police Department is releasing the dash cam video that captured the attempted homicide of Officer Lynn Anderson by Trev Bowies Jackson on Sunday November 22, 2015. The release of this video is to aid in locating Trev Bowies Jackson. Jackson is considered to be armed and extremely dangerous.

Jackson has a wounded left hand and the hand may still be bandaged.

The manhunt for Jackson continues and anyone found to be assisting Jackson will be charged to the fullest extent of the law.

Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers has posted up to $5000.00 in reward money for information leading to the capture of Jackson.

If you know where Trev Bowies Jackson can be located, or if you have seen him since November 22, 2015 please call PA Crime Stoppers at 1-800-4-PA-TIPS. You may also report any sightings or information to 911 or 717.292.3647.
    Last edited by Shellback; 12-02-2015 at 08:01 PM.

http://youtu.be/qmK8Ify3vi8
    Skip the first 20 seconds of the video. The DA's office concluded that officer Patrick Feaster negligently discharged his weapon, but decided not to charge the officer with criminal negligence because the DA did not believe he had sufficient evidence to satisfy the burden of proof. The officer acknowledged that he had been trained not to put his finger on the trigger until he formed the intention to fire and stated he never intended to fire. Given: (1) the officer acknowledged his training not to put his finger on the trigger until he formed the intent to fire, (2) he never intended to fire; and (3) he put his finger on the trigger, I think the DA probably had all the evidence he needed to prosecute. I'm not saying the DA should have prosecuted, I just don't buy his explanation for why he didn't prosecute. More information here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    [urlhttp://youtu.be/qmK8Ify3vi8[/url]
    Skip the first 20 seconds of the video. The DA's office concluded that officer Patrick Feaster negligently discharged his weapon, but decided not to charge the officer with criminal negligence because the DA did not believe he had sufficient evidence to satisfy the burden of proof. The officer acknowledged that he had been trained not to put his finger on the trigger until he formed the intention to fire and stated he never intended to fire. Given: (1) the officer acknowledged his training not to put his finger on the trigger until he formed the intent to fire, (2) he never intended to fire; and (3) he put his finger on the trigger, I think the DA probably had all the evidence he needed to prosecute. I'm not saying the DA should have prosecuted, I just don't buy his explanation for why he didn't prosecute. More information here.
    At 1:06-:10 it looks really bad. It looks like he strolls up, sees the whackamole pop up out of the window and places a double tap on him and then reholsters. If I just saw that (which I did) with no audio, commands or knowing that he just killed 8 nuns in a school bus carrying St Mary's school children for the blind, that's be hard not to prosecute. JMHO as a MMQB. Hope there's more to this...

There's some more info, which is in the link I provided. Short story, the guy in the lead car is drunk and the LEO observes reckless driving and pursues. Drunk driver flips the car, ejecting his wife (who dies). LEO sees the ejection and considers this to be a felony stop. LEO exits car, draws sidearm (felony stop), and negligently shoots drunk driver once in the neck (paralyzed, perhaps permanently). Other first responders arrive and LEO fails to mention he shot drunk driver for several minutes until he's asked why drunk driver has a GSW to the neck. There's no dispute regarding the shooting . . . it was negligent. The video is a good reminder to exercise caution when muzzling the subject and trigger discipline. I suspect LEO was pumped on adrenaline after a short car chase and seeing the wife ejected and forgot some of his training.

User Tag List