Page 119 of 374 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 3733

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Gotta admit LVMPD officers seem well squared-away in the proficient use of firearms department, if these recent videos are any accurate representation.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Another from Vegas:

Yet another video that shows how effective the taser can be.
    "A man with an experience is not a slave to a man with an opinion."

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Gotta admit LVMPD officers seem well squared-away in the proficient use of firearms department, if these recent videos are any accurate representation.
    They really are. Great initial and inservice training. Good budget for equipment. They do a good job of backing the troops. It's a very political agency but, hey, they all are to an extent.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

St. Paul PD OIS:

Officers were responding to reports of shots fired.

I do have two critiques of this:

1. Officers should’ve announced as they knocked. Homeowner may have thought he was dealing with other unwanted guests (potential home invasion set-up). Granted homeowner shouldn’t have gone outside with his gun if he thought something was askew. And perhaps identifying may not have changed much since we know some crooks have claimed to be police to lure unsuspecting occupants outside to initiate a violent crime.

2. Officers might’ve been better served utilizing a command other than “put your hands up” once they noticed the firearm. Watching the video it looks like he was attempting to comply with the request as he raised his arms and the gun was pointing upwards but by that time the threat was perceived and lead was flying.

I don’t think it was necessarily a bad shoot, but some better practices by all involved could’ve likely prevented it.

Agree, HCG. We'll never know now, but it seems the failure to communicate effectively and the poor choice of commands led to an unfortunate (and perhaps unnecessary) result.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    St. Paul PD OIS:

Officers were responding to reports of shots fired.

I do have two critiques of this:

1. Officers should’ve announced as they knocked. Homeowner may have thought he was dealing with other unwanted guests (potential home invasion set-up). Granted homeowner shouldn’t have gone outside with his gun if he thought something was askew. And perhaps identifying may not have changed much since we know some crooks have claimed to be police to lure unsuspecting occupants outside to initiate a violent crime.

2. Officers might’ve been better served utilizing a command other than “put your hands up” once they noticed the firearm. Watching the video it looks like he was attempting to comply with the request as he raised his arms and the gun was pointing upwards but by that time the threat was perceived and lead was flying.

I don’t think it was necessarily a bad shoot, but some better practices by all involved could’ve likely prevented it.

Maybe I'm wrong , but didn't the police respond because this guy had already fired his gun and then pointed it at his roommate's head?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong , but didn't the police respond because this guy had already fired his gun and then pointed it at his roommate's head?
    I didn’t read that in the news report I read, but it’s possible.

All I know is they were responding to a shots fired call at the residence.

Site Supporter
    I didn’t read that in the news report I read, but it’s possible.

All I know is they were responding to a shots fired call at the residence.
    I read that in the description of the video on the YouTube channel "Police Activity". It's worth a read.

Can you clarify what you consider a "bad shoot"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    Can you clarify what you consider a "bad shoot"?
    Shooting someone who doesn’t need shooting.

User Tag List