Page 118 of 374 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 3732

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    I'm amazed that so many officers depend on the Taser, but blow off pepper spray, supposedly because it doesn't work, In reality, OC does work most of the time for most people. It may not work perfectly and you do have cross contamination and decontamination issues, but it generally is a punch in the face to most bad guys.

OC and Taser instructor here. Taser is like bomb disposal. When it works, it works really well. When it doesn't work, well.....
    Our jail folks use OC multiple times a month and it almost always works. We did have one 6' 6" 280 pound new committal several years ago that had three cans emptied on him with no apparent effect. He was eventually placed into the restraint chair until he settled down. He was fine after that. A discussion about acquiring Tasers came soon afterwards, but nothing came from the discussions. We do have stun cuffs to place on inmate court defendants that have exhibited assaultive behavior toward staff. There has been no need to actually "push the button" yet because we test the unit in the inmate's presence before putting it on them. They don't seem to want any of it.....
    Last edited by deputyG23; 08-16-2018 at 01:22 PM.

Cadence of fire was probably dictated by firing one handed and subtle delay of getting second hand on pistol because she was trying to broadcast information. Not sure if the suspect chose to charge at that moment because he felt she was distracted or what. When dealing with an active lethal threat, I've seen students prioritize talking on the radio rather than dealing with the suspect. Only person there to help you at that moment is you. Not sure if it was the first, second, or combination of the two rounds that stopped the threat, but I'm guessing the second. Another good video for discussion at briefing. Here's their briefing of the incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1WiCV_dIAQ

Good OC hits, followed by skilled use with a quality baton is more reliable than a Taser IMO.
    "A man with an experience is not a slave to a man with an opinion."

Another from Vegas:

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Another from Vegas:

Yikes! I don’t blame him at all, he was being knife charged, but if I was one of the officers directly behind him I’d say an extra prayer that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Yikes! I don’t blame him at all, he was being knife charged, but if I was one of the officers directly behind him I’d say an extra prayer that night.

Yeesh. Just goes to show, you can try De-Escalation, time and distance, less-lethal tools.....and it still might end up in an OIS. The suspect controls the outcome in most cases. And just 'cause someone is 'in crisis' doesn't mean they're not dangerous.

Another from Vegas:

Damn, hell of a bad spot to be in (crossfire for days) but glad it worked out.

My only criticism would be to use the taser a lot damn sooner.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    That video is pretty convincing evidence of the maxim that the only safe backstop is the bad guy.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Another one out of Vegas (5 OIS’s in 7 days). Body cam video starts around 10:25.

Worth noting - the officer shot the suspect at just over 50 yards away.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Worth noting - the officer shot the suspect at just over 50 yards away.
    Cool as a cucumber on the radio too. Professional as it gets.

State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List