Page 114 of 373 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 3727

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    A few other equipment things I just noticed on a rewatch:
    -the gun used is a Glock 17 Gen 3 RTF2 (you can see the fishgill slide cuts during the reload) but he's got a grip sleeve on it, which seems like it'd defeat the purpose of buying an RTF2 gun
    -the WML is a Blackhawk Night-Ops Xiphos NTX light, which I'd never heard of before looking up what it was, for apparently good reason
    -the sights are XS Big Dot sights

Certainly nothing I'd have ever expected to see on an LE gun, but as stated, sometimes mindset is all you need.
    LVMPD has a progressive (in a good way) firearms policy. I did some research on it for a college paper. If an agency that size can do it, anybody can.

Well done Metro.

That officer is a hunter, plain and simple, and the kind of officer we need more of. Waited til the pursuit got off of the busy main streets to start returning fire and do so with gusto. The timing and efficiency of that reload may have been FUBARed, but I’m not going to act as though I’d have my shit together any better given the circumstances.

I’d be honored to buy him a drink.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Vending Machine Operator
    I wish I hadn't read YouTube and Facebook comments. In what rational mindset could a human being possibly not find this a justified shoot?!

As an added bonus, ABC News clipped off the first three minutes with dozens of shots fired at the officer to make the clip look like the officer just went aggro during a pursuit.

Get really tired of this media narrative. I'm not one of these 'the left wing media is conspiring' people at all, but I think the bias against police in particular has become apparent and overwhelming.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Isn't there a better way to communicate than a push to talk hand microphone?
    I mean you might have your hands full of gun, steering wheel, handcuffs, suspect, etc., etc.

I guess not, I've never seen anything else (except on fully dressed out SWAT.)
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Isn't there a better way to communicate than a push to talk hand microphone?
    I mean you might have your hands full of gun, steering wheel, handcuffs, suspect, etc., etc.

I guess not, I've never seen anything else (except on fully dressed out SWAT.)
    There isn't much in the off-the-shelf category. Several systems have been offered over the years but I haven't seen one for sale in a while.

I have a friend who is an uber radio geek. He's rigged up systems using a free button on the steering wheel and a secondary microphone but it's custom work.

I used to build our patrol cars with a foot switch for siren control which was a true hands-free solution but nobody liked it except me.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Drifting the thread but it'd be interesting to see a decent tongue/mouth actuated radio like they use in aviation become popular.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Drifting the thread but it'd be interesting to see a decent tongue/mouth actuated radio like they use in aviation become popular.
    Interesting... I’ve worked in avaition for the last 30 years, and have never seen or heard of such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Interesting... I’ve worked in avaition for the last 30 years, and have never seen or heard of such a thing.
    "Aviation" might have been a little too generic and off base. My google fu is weak right now but I know they exist dammit!

Even a throat mic with a PTT on a glove or god knows where is less old school than the 90s handhelds I see cops around here using.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    I didn't mean to drift.
    I thought trying to manage the mike was scarier than shooting out his own windshield.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List