Page 107 of 372 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 3714

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Vending Machine Operator
    The media frustrates me. They go for the clickbait about how many times the officers shot instead of starting off by noting the suspect was armed and apparently firing back. Accurate title for the article would describe a gunfight between an armed criminal and police, not police "shooting someone 20 times"
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

http://komonews.com/news/local/video...ces-discipline

EDP waving around ice axe, Seattle PD trailing him across town for an extended period.

One officer finally decides to end it and tackles him. He's now being disciplined for failure to attempt more de-escalation prior to going hands on.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    One of his own supervisors filed the complaint against him. If there was ever a clearer illustration that the real purpose of De-Escalation policies and training is to stop all law enforcement in favor of law encouragement, I don't know of it. Just show up late and document the Carnage in a report...that's the clear message being sent.

So we were just notified of the implementation of California SDCS (Stops Data Collection System), on July 1st. After every single stop or detention, self initiated or dispatched, you'll have to fill out a 44 question app, with a 1 or 2 line narrative, of what you did, why, demographics of all parties, and your perception of the other parties gender expression. Once you're used to it, it takes about 5-7 minutes. We're also implementing E-Cite.... citations to be done on the smart phone and printed in the car. Those take around 20 minutes. And between the SDCS system and tagging your body cam video, they've had to acknowledge that in this day of police ambushes and assassination, looking at your phone is unsafe in public. So go straight back to the station after every stop and enter everything on a desktop. Should only take 45-60 minutes then. Tell me, Mr and Mrs Public.......what message is being given to your cops?

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    http://komonews.com/news/local/video...ces-discipline

EDP waving around ice axe, Seattle PD trailing him across town for an extended period.

One officer finally decides to end it and tackles him. He's now being disciplined for failure to attempt more de-escalation prior to going hands on.
    I'd be shopping for a new agency.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by K.Hungus View Post
    I'd be shopping for a new agency.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    He should find a new agency, the bullshit discipline is after the fact, I'd be more worried about the other cops that weren't doing anything. If he was going to get his peepee slapped it should be for being a moron and tackling a suspect with a deadly weapon in hand. That's not brave or courageous, it's just stupid. That said, out of all the officers present he was the only one smart enough to do something besides crowd the bad guy, and wait for him to turn around and escalate it to deadly force. I feel for the guy, I'm glad he didn't get hurt and the administrative pencil whipping hurts a lot less that picking up criminal charges.

At the end of the day I guess it's just a shoplift and they should have just taken a report.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Vending Machine Operator

LE UOF Video thread

OIS in Casper, WY today just up the highway from me and very close to where my brother works. Too close to home. Will update when they release vid (edit: probably should have waited until that to post this but I’m a bit distressed, sorry) and other updates but we’ve all been following this all day. Dirtbag KIA, officer critical. I have two friends on this PD.

Very unusual for WY, and profoundly unusual for one Wyoming city to face two OIS incidents in 2-3 months.

http://trib.com/news/local/crime-and...home-top-story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 05-06-2018 at 11:50 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    OIS in Casper, WY today just up the highway from me and very close to where my brother works. Too close to home. Will update when they release vid (edit: probably should have waited until that to post this but I’m a bit distressed, sorry) and other updates but we’ve all been following this all day. Dirtbag KIA, officer critical. I have two friends on this PD.

Very unusual for WY, and profoundly unusual for one Wyoming city to face two OIS incidents in 2-3 months.

http://trib.com/news/local/crime-and...home-top-story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    First video released, I know this PD has body cams so I expect those will be coming. Perp has been ID'd as a 38-year old sovereign citizen. He started this gunfight by suddenly opening fire on a vehicle complaint stop. He had his brother's kids in the back of the car.

http://trib.com/graphic-video-casper...=home-trending
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 05-08-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Some footage from a recent OIS in Atlanta.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/exc...ting/745625692

As a side note, we’ve had 11 OISes in as many days here in the Atlanta area.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    First video released, I know this PD has body cams so I expect those will be coming. Perp has been ID'd as a 38-year old sovereign citizen. He started this gunfight by suddenly opening fire on a vehicle complaint stop. He had his brother's kids in the back of the car.

http://trib.com/graphic-video-casper...=home-trending
    Apparently the officers were responding to a complaint the suspect was letting the kids drive.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-08-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Apparently the officers were responding to a complaint the suspect was letting the kids drive.
    Correct, I believe a 3 and 6 year old.

On a happier note the officer's GoFundMe (I confirmed it was legit through the department) is doing well and they're overwhelmed with blood donations. It's hard to emphasize enough how rare it is for an officer to be seriously injured like this in WY. It's jarring. I can't imagine what it would be like to live somewhere this is commonplace.

User Tag List