Page 102 of 374 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 3733

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Why do people run around with idiotic writing or logos on their guns? Also some of the patches officers get look so cheesy and so over the top. Not to mention how unprofessional it looks.

http://lmgcorporate.com/phxdigital/n...Y%20REPORT.pdf Shaver autopsy report... Photos are also able to be found online as well. Based on an old 2009 duty ammunition bid solicitation from Mesa PD, I'm thinking the rifle ammo used was T223F 55gr Ballistic Tip.

I thought it was just the other day, another OIS was posted here with a rifle involved.. any one have any information on that one?
    Last edited by Sixgun_Symphony; 12-10-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Hammertime

LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sixgun_Symphony View Post
    http://lmgcorporate.com/phxdigital/n...Y%20REPORT.pdf Shaver autopsy report... Photos are also able to be found online as well. Based on an old 2009 duty ammunition bid solicitation from Mesa PD, I'm thinking the rifle ammo used was T223F 55gr Ballistic Tip.

I thought it was just the other day, another OIS was posted here with a rifle involved.. any one have any information on that one?
    That was interesting. Given the range those shots were taken, they weren’t all that accurate except the first one. He ripped off five pretty fast though. From the video the splits were sub .18 to my ear.

I am guessing left chest was first shot then back and back of neck toward the end of the string as he collapsed.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 12-10-2017 at 01:56 PM.

A lot could have been done here instead of shooting, especially with two officers on scene, even though one looked like he was laying down on the job.

Granted I don't know why the officer was on the ground, but that is a bad position to be and chances are that is the reason for escalation.

Remember, a person need not be armed in order to have deadly forced used against them.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

A lot could have been done here instead of shooting, especially with two officers on scene, even though one looked like he was laying down on the job.

Granted I don't know why the officer was on the ground, but that is a bad position to be and chances are that is the reason for escalation.

Remember, a person need not be armed in order to have deadly forced used against them.
    Watch the body cam videos in the interview, which is linked from Greg's site: http://www.activeresponsetraining.ne...police-tactics

The first officer's plan was run away-Taser, which failed, then he ended up on the ground waiving his ASP.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    I recall reading the opinion that felony car stop procedures only work with compliant suspects. I think we see an illustration of that applied to this hotel contact. The commands were way too complex for someone ...
    NOT a fan of the commands and how they were given. Should have been simpler and clearer, one direction at a time. Trying to envision what has been reported and hotel layouts, I'm thinking of other ways to get the guy secured and searched.

The info on the judge keeping the dust cover out of the trial was posted in the general area. There was a stand alone thread on it with the ruling.

As for the Broward County OIS ... while I saw times when I'd have completely agreed with deadly force being used, I have difficulty wih no effort to go hands on or go to an actual impact weapon rather than displaying a tool and demanding/hoping for compliance in the immediate lead up to the shooting. Spaulding's discussion yesterday about hands on skills yesterday was on point.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

What the actual fuck. I just...I don't.....what the hell was that? Those cops didn't look THAT young, or THAT small...is this an effect of our decades of zero tolerance in schools? These guys have never been punched or grabbed? I hate Monday morning these guys but shit....tackle the fucking guy for God's sake!!!

ETA: maybe this is just my own internal frustration. Just got a bunch of new kids at my assignment. We now have four female officers who are under 5' and under 100#s....and one who is maybe 5'2" and 105#s. Also two male officers who are around 5'2"-5'3". This is not to slam their courage, their intellect, or even their potential ability to DEFEND themselves. But that's a different thing than CONTROLLING and arresting someone significantly bigger than you. Unless you're Yoda....size does actually matter. And clearly training is failing, if cops aren't using what's taught.
    Last edited by AMC; 12-10-2017 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    .tackle the fucking guy for God's sake!!!.
    Not being a cop, nor having any law enforcement experience, I was wondering about exactly that.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Tackling is a bad idea and should not be employed.

Too many bad things can happen from that level of force.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

VDMSR.com

User Tag List