Page 249 of 374 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 3732

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Like what?
    Maybe another officer in the passenger seat with a rifle?

I don’t want to be another one of those guys who hasn’t done the job who is telling folks how to do theirs and I understand that ya’ll play the hand you’ve been delt. So I’ll ask a question rather than say “y’all should have done” like every other internet person

If you’ve got folks down road to intercept somebody in this situation (and it sounded like they did since they were trying to get out spike strips) would it be feasible to have two cars meet up and get two guys in one car?
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter

Here’s another angle: starts at :24 sec. Dead asshole ran his AR dry and transitioned to a pistol when he ran up to the squad car. Also, he had his truck door open and was ready to bail well before the truck stopped moving.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 04-30-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Site Supporter
    Doh! I had about 3 paragraphs typed up, and somehow managed to delete it.

To paraphrase what I wrote...

Listen to the radio traffic...now imagine trying to coordinate two units meeting up. Now try and coordinate where they should meet (I mean, there's no way this guy might dive off the interstate and change his route, right?).

There probably were two-man units involved, but specifically getting them to the front of the pursuit is a complete crapshoot. Pursuits, espcecially violent ones, are not an orderly organized procession. Every one that I've been involved in have been just varying degrees of clusterfuck.

Site Supporter
    Edge of my lane at best.

Perspective is everything.

When I first watched the in car/body cam video, it looked like he drove up to a truck already pulled over. Indeed, I said to myself it looks like he came in a little hot and may have lost control of the patrol CAMARO a little bit. Completely understandable btw.

I did not know that he had "PIT-ED" the truck until I saw a completely different perspective from the overhead drone view.

It goes to confirm my continually evolving belief that dash cams, body cams, drone cams, traffic cams, door bell cams, cell phone cams and by extension, the audio and/or video recording of the vast majority in custody and non custody statements, in the end, are going to validate far more law enforcement activity that they invalidate, in terms of policies/procedures, civil liability, criminal liability, survivability (physical) and the ability for the officer to live with the aftermath (mentally) simply as a human being.

YMMV Greatly

Blessing to all here in this time.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

San Diego SWAT Sniper Hostage Rescue:

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    San Diego SWAT Sniper Hostage Rescue:

Nice job by the officers. In the evidence video. Is that ar pistol an 80% lower. Seems like it to me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Maybe another officer in the passenger seat with a rifle?

I don’t want to be another one of those guys who hasn’t done the job who is telling folks how to do theirs and I understand that ya’ll play the hand you’ve been delt. So I’ll ask a question rather than say “y’all should have done” like every other internet person

If you’ve got folks down road to intercept somebody in this situation (and it sounded like they did since they were trying to get out spike strips) would it be feasible to have two cars meet up and get two guys in one car?
    It's not feasible.

Like gunfights, pursuits are come as you are events.

On a side note IME being a passenger in a pursuit was way scarier that being shot at.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It's not feasible.

Like gunfights, pursuits are come as you are events.

On a side note IME being a passenger in a pursuit was way scarier that being shot at.
    Agreed. I’ve only seen a couple of incidents that involve picking up another officer during a pursuit:

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the answers guys. That clarified things well and is why I try to ask questions rather than make broad statements like I did in the first post.

I don’t know if anybody watched that last video clip I posted, but watching dead guy use the momentum of the truck to get himself out of the truck and into an ambush position as fast as he did was pretty fucking scary and another testament to how well the officer handled the situation.

This screen shot is about a full second from the truck coming to a full stop and you can see him with a foot and head out of the door and getting ready to bail. He uses the momentum of the truck to help him jump out. That’s a Todd type situation if I’ve ever seen one.
    Name:  CAA6F4A1-2513-4746-9FB6-7DB698683802.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  33.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Austin PD incident from January but video was just released.

Off duty APD officer gets into a shooting with an armed road rage driver and a passenger and calls 911. Responding on duty APD officers then get into a second shooting with the road rage driver.

The off duty officer did a great job juggling 911 dispatchers(police and EMS) while holding the wounded driver at gunpoint.

Last edited by HCM; 04-30-2021 at 09:42 PM.

User Tag List