Page 176 of 372 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 3714

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    *If* we thought the guy was armed, that'd be a SWAT call-out here. We'd treat it like a barricaded suspect in a building since the vehicle was immobilized.

Personally I have no issue with the use of the dog and would write it up as in policy for us (although that means nothing on if it's in their policy, of course). Non-compliant suspect in a confined space after a resist? No issue from me.

On the other hand, what's with left handing the gun while partially in/out of the vehicle? Is the patrol car stuck and he's trying to rock it out while also holding the guy at gunpoint? Also, calm down a bit. His choice of words made his use of force seem higher to the layman than it would otherwise.
    Screaming, "I'm gonna fucking kill you!" and "I'm fucking done with your shit!" does not lend the air of professionalism I like to hear in officer's command voices at critical incidents. The 9th Circuit does require us to provide warnings before using force, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Interesting. Could that be viewed as abandoning the victim, allowing her to suffer additional injuries, in order to "de-escalate" an armed, violent suspect?
    When I've seen scenarios run, coming to the defense of others always takes longer than when the officer is personally threatened.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    When I've seen scenarios run, coming to the defense of others always takes longer than when the officer is personally threatened.
    Makes sense. One has more time to think about all the (negative) repercussions waiting in the wings...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    *If* we thought the guy was armed, that'd be a SWAT call-out here. We'd treat it like a barricaded suspect in a building since the vehicle was immobilized.

Personally I have no issue with the use of the dog and would write it up as in policy for us (although that means nothing on if it's in their policy, of course). Non-compliant suspect in a confined space after a resist? No issue from me.

On the other hand, what's with left handing the gun while partially in/out of the vehicle? Is the patrol car stuck and he's trying to rock it out while also holding the guy at gunpoint? Also, calm down a bit. His choice of words made his use of force seem higher to the layman than it would otherwise.
    It sounds like BBIs barricade policy is like ours. That’s a barricade and a SWAT call out. Why rush the car and break out a window? The suspect isn’t going anywhere. If he gets out and runs that’s what your dog is for.

And speaking of the dog I’m not telling someone else to get my dog. The other Officer just opened the door and let him hop out unleashed. That’s a recipe for an unintended bite on a bystander maybe an Officer.

The guy dives back into the truck and you can’t see him and you think he’s armed. Back up! The issue I have when the dog is deployed is the suspect’s hands are up and empty, he’s moving towards the handler, and he says he’s giving up.

If he drops his hands or tries to move back the dog goes. But it’s a moot point if you treat it like a barricade.

We handcuff before the dog comes off.

The dog is pretty calm which is good because it had a chance to bite the Officer opening the car door, the handler when he took it off, and rebiting the suspect he stands there apparently uncontrolled. If I took my dog off the bite from the front with my hands over his head like that I’d be bit when he came off. Step over the dog so his body is between your legs so he can’t move and take him off. Pull him away from the suspect. Put him back in the car.

If your dog is on the bite put your gun away and don’t muzzle him. Don’t try to control him and the suspect with it in your hand. If your WML beam is on the dog that means your muzzle is too.

I think those are some of the tactical choices that will used for training.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

US Park Police. Some...interesting...tactics here.

https://www.tactical-life.com/news/u...e-not-charged/

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Yeah. The "forward felony stop" isn't exactly best practices. The only time we can roadblock is for someone who we suspect isn't actually fleeing but is having a medical condition that is preventing them from stopping, to include dementia, etc. Even that requires a rolling roadblock first to verify the person will slow down.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

https://www.tactical-life.com/news/u...e-not-charged/
    Just looking at the video, reading some articles related to this, there has to be something that's being left out on purpose by either the media or the FBI who is investigating it.

If a non-fed LEO shot and killed a dude over a hit and run where no one was injured, they'd be in jail.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

"Interesting" is right.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    "Interesting" is right.
    That was the most polite way I could put it.

It drives me crazy to see officers running up to a car at the end of a pursuit.

Site Supporter
    I tend to be more sympathetic to street cop mistakes than those who have plenty of time and distance to do stupid things. The suspect in this incident was a hit and run driver after he had been rear-ended on the parkway which is basically a somewhat lower speed highway. No one seems to have any idea why he didn't stop there or failed to yield to Park Police.

Park Police turned the investigation over to FBI and DOJ several days later. Until tThe announcement that no federal charges would be filed, FBI, DOJ, USPP, NPS, and DOI were saying absolutely nothing. This included refusal to reply to Congress.

I suspect that this may have occurred because whatever decision was made, there would be blowback. Either the Park Police "executed" someone as described by the Washington Post or alternatively one of our brothers made a split second decision that may or may not have been perfect. In any event, the suspect apparently had no criminal record and had marijuana in his system.

I have my doubts about the OIS, but I understand that things are not always as they appear. On the other hand, I find it outrageous that the federal government sits on an OIS like this for two years with no comment or decision for the decedent's family or the involved cops. I see no reason for the government to treat either the bad guy's family nor the cops (now in the station on admin duty for close to two years) like this.

User Tag List