Page 1 of 372 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

LE UOF Video thread

Searched and did not find one. Since these video's are going to be a mainstay due to technology, maybe gives us a thread to have an open discussion about the video and what, if anything could have been differently.

I'll start off with this MD video of officer's having to deal with a guy who is possibly under the influence of a narcotic.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=29e_1441564124

*Mod's if there is a thread like this or a thread like this is not something that is for this sub/forum, delete/move please.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Safe to assume that 1st officer's taser probes did not make full contact?

Dude must have been really doped up to keep fighting after multiple (6?) taser shocks, a few solid whacks with a baton, and a healthy faceful of pepper spray...

Great idea for a thread.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post

Dude must have been really doped up to keep fighting after multiple (6?) taser shocks, a few solid whacks with a baton, and a healthy faceful of pepper spray...
    Physical contact wasn't made until the second officer bum rushed the subject at the exit of the McD's. Stand off force was used until then and after that. Only one officer put gloves on - something that would need to be addressed, since there was time and opportunity to put gloves on.

Direct taser contact seemed to work well.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post

That's the problem with a combative suspect amped up on drugs. They don't really reach a point where they are submissive through pain compliance. So unless the baton strike disrupts some anatomical function such as a broken bone, the suspect may not be phased at all even after multiple strikes in good nerve plexus areas. They have to run out of steam, and the taser does help to wear them down. In the end though, you may just have to dog pile them and use leverage(like an extended baton) to pry their wrists into position for cuffing.

Site Supporter
    Regarding the cpl. who appears just before 6:00 in the video: his SLS hood seems to be in the forward position. That's very dangerous, especially in a situation involving physical contact with a resisting person.

If that happened by accident, he might have an equipment issue. If he did it on purpose in anticipation of having to draw, he needs to smarten up.
    Last edited by Le Français; 09-08-2015 at 01:41 AM.

Seems like a reasoned response. Interesting how the tasers in the back locked him up.

The way the Taser was popping, there was most likely a disconnect. A loud popping sound is usually means that the current is arcing through the air. If the Taser doesn't have an effect, quit pulling the damn trigger. There's no good reason to put yourself in a position to get dinged for using ineffective force down the road. That cop is lucky that guy didn't have a heart attack and die because the number of trigger pulls and the amount of time under power would have been a major factor, even though there is no electricity going into the suspect's body. I counted 7 deployments covering 5, 11, 28, 7 , 6, 5, 5 seconds inside the store. Plus whatever they did outside, that's a lot of time to apply power and account for.

Given the general lack of concern shown by the people in the restaurant I think there may have been some time to put on the brakes, try to wait for some more cover, get an ambulance ordered and then deal with the problem. The way cops are getting dinged these days for not following call response policy and ambushed, that's not a situation a cop needs to be in by himself.

Pablo makes an excellent point. The printout from the download from that TASER would be problematic if anything bad happened to the suspect. Just like bullets, each and every trigger pull has to be justifiable.

Plus, if what you are doing is ineffective, then it is time to switch tactics. Can't get caught in a feedback loop.

Warning to anyone who doesn't want to see a dog get shot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhPkxJ6G_I

He's wearing a camera attached to his sunglasses, shows the situation completely and what happens afterwards.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List