Page 276 of 372 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 3714

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

I am very reluctant to judge an officer's actions based on a BWC or other video, and reluctant to say much while the situation is still under investigation or prosecution. That said, I am somewhat surprised the officer is not in custody.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    I am very reluctant to judge an officer's actions based on a BWC or other video, and reluctant to say much while the situation is still under investigation or prosecution. That said, I am somewhat surprised the officer is not in custody.
    It's always a question of what we're NOT seeing in the video, that the officer perhaps did. Perspective, distance, angles all come into play. I agree. That said.....under our current policies and California law I can almost 100% guarantee he'd be in custody here. How that ultimately played out might be another question.

Metro Nashville PD OIS:

Site Supporter
    A great example of why you should always know your location. Bad enough to roll up on a collision and not be able to tell dispatch where you are, but a shooting is obviously much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    A great example of why you should always know your location. Bad enough to roll up on a collision and not be able to tell dispatch where you are, but a shooting is obviously much worse.
    Agreed, but in his defense, he was off-duty and outside of his normal precinct/zone.

ETA: The suspect was wanted by the ATF on federal gun charges.

Site Supporter
    Houston TX OIS - note the cross fire issues.

ouston, Texas — The Houston Police Department released body camera video of a police chase that ended in law enforcement officers shooting 42-year-old Elliott Lewis. Houston police said the incident happened on Nov. 11 around 11:24 a.m. when Harris County Precinct 4 deputies attempted to conduct a traffic stop on a shooting suspect near the intersection of Holcombe Boulevard and Cambridge Street. Lewis refused to stop and a pursuit ensued. Lewis drove several miles, eventually arriving at a parking lot at the above address.

After driving around the parking lot several times, HPD SWAT Officers Dexter and Gonzalez performed a vehicle maneuver and boxed in Lewis vehicle. Lewis then exited his vehicle with a weapon, pointed it at officers, and discharged the weapon at them. Officers Dexter and Gonzalez and Harris County Precinct 4 deputies discharged their duty weapons at Lewis, striking him. HPD SWAT officers then rendered medical aid to Lewis, who was pronounced deceased at the scene by paramedics. An innocent bystander was also injured during the shooting when a bullet fragment hit his ankle.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-09-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Site Supporter
    Details are still coming out, but apparently this guy was fleeing police, jumped out of the truck and fired at least one magazine’s worth at the pursuing officers before surrendering.

North Augusta Public Safety Officer shot in leg in downtown shooting incident

https://www.wrdw.com/2021/12/09/depu...north-augusta/

NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C. (WRDW/WAGT) - A North Augusta Public Safety officer was shot during the exchange of gunfire in a shooting incident in downtown North Augusta. They were quickly transported to a local hospital to receive further medical attention for a non-life threatening gunshot wound to the leg.

According to North Augusta Public Safety, the call came in around 4:30 p.m.

Officers got involved with an incident that eventually led to shots being fired on the 400 block of Georgia Avenue across from the Wells Fargo Branch and Gary’s Hamburgers.

Metro Nashville OIS this morning. Officer used a shotgun:

What the actual fuck...

I literally thought it was a mock / scenario training film of what not to do.

He'll probably become the new age poster boy for how policing should be done.

Amazing.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List