Page 155 of 374 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 3732

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

That was really sucky. That situation cries out for someone who knows how to use a kubaton or a small flashlight in place of the kubaton.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Related question for you guys who use a taser at work. Has anyone ever seen the “drive stun” mode used effectively? It sure looked like in this case it just made the arestee more resisty.

I’ve never taken a full ride with probes, but I did ask a friend in LE to hit me with the drive stun a couple of times and the pain wasn’t nearly as noteable as the massive adrenaline dump and an immediate flipping of my internal “fight” switch, which looks to me to be what happened here too.
    Drive stun sucks and it’s generally not recommended when other options are available. It usually causes people to pull/run away or a fist is likely to be coming at you while you are focusing on the Taser, which is probably in your dominant hand. No stand-off distance either.

To close the circuit with a single probe strike or if the suspect’s arms are restrained, sure. But for that I’d rather pull a baton for an arm lock or as a leveraging tool.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Related question for you guys who use a taser at work. Has anyone ever seen the “drive stun” mode used effectively?
    Yeah, but basically whenever pain compliance works. Not someone who's actively fighting but someone who's being held down but has their hands under them and won't give them up, etc. Sometimes it's ok for that although my opinion is the baton (as a lever) is a better option if you have multiple officers.

We are no longer allowed to drive stun. If we deploy the Taser it is to be probes and then drive stuns can be used to complete or enhance the circuit to lock up the muscles, but no drive stun only.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Bolke and Dobbs are right again. I’m betting that the fellow officer was struck by the two rounds that appear to be fired after the bad guy goes down.

https://www.tacticalshit.com/man-dea...olice-graphic/
    That's...just hard to watch.

First thing I teach boots is that you either all line up on one side of the door or L-shape the door, never, ever this.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

speaking of hard to watch....

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B0JzrRl..._web_copy_link

I'm...just...so confused
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Threads merged. Knock it off.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Our AB748 release from the 4th of July (unsuccessful) active killer event & OIS:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzJTt8YSMsc

For those not aware, AB748 took effect 1 July. It mandates release of all video from an OIS within 45 days. Extentions can be granted but only to the 180 day mark.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Our AB748 release from the 4th of July (unsuccessful) active killer event & OIS:

For those not aware, AB748 took effect 1 July. It mandates release of all video from an OIS within 45 days. Extentions can be granted but only to the 180 day mark.
    I take it the guard left the keys in the truck?

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post

Very well done... incident and video release.

User Tag List