Page 318 of 374 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 3732

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter

14 Year Old Shoots NC Officer During Foot Chase

14-year-old Shoots CMPD Officer During Foot Chase in Charlotte, North Carolina

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/ne...BZ2XBZKNE6VWY/

CHARLOTTE — Charlotte-Mecklenburg police have released body camera video of an officer-involved shooting at an east Charlotte apartment complex in December 2021.

Police officers were initially called to the Woodland Estates Apartments on Winged Elm Court, off Albemarle Road, because someone found a suspect breaking into their car. The caller also said the suspect had pointed a gun at someone, CMPD said.
    The first officer at the scene started chasing the 14-year-old suspect when he ran away. Officer Elliot Whitley then arrived and caught up to the teen, when the suspect turned and fired a shot, hitting Whitley, authorities said.
    CMPD has not identified the teenager at this point.

The body camera video shows the tense moments leading up to the shooting. In the video, Whitley can be seen running after the teen through an apartment complex. The teen then pulls out a gun and shoots the officer.
    The suspect can be seen running away as Whitley fires more than a dozen times at him. The teen was not hurt.

CMPD said another officer arrested the 14-year-old and found a gun on him. He was charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.
    According to police, Whitley, a 10-year CMPD officer, was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Authorities said he was shot in the shoulder. He did recover, but the bullet was never removed from him.

Anti-violence activist Lucille Puckett agrees. While watching the body camera video, she said the teen’s actions are wrong, but she believes the entire situation could have been handled differently. “I’m still, like, in awe because the officer gets out and starts cussing. It’s not a form of de-escalation,” she said. “It didn’t seem like the teen had any intention at the beginning of shooting at this officer. His intention was to flee, to get away.”

Redford disagrees, saying that shouldn’t be the focus, pointing out in the video that the teen shot the officer first.
    “This officer could have been murdered, and people are more concerned about what the officer said, not what this juvenile did,” Redford said.

Puckett was also concerned about the number of shots fired toward the suspect.

CMPD said an internal investigation found Whitley’s actions were justified.

Site Supporter

Kennewick, WA PD arrest a fellow with multiple felony warrants.

According to the Benton County Sheriff’s Office and the Special Investigation Unit (SIU), Kennewick detective Cory McGee recognized a known offender named Anthony Logan Martinez-Mata, 26, on Tuesday, September 13, 2022.

Authorities clarified that Martinez-Mata was wanted on out-of-state charges for several felony warrants and another charge for assault with a firearm. When contacted by Kennewick PD Officer Avery Smith, the suspect allegedly fled on foot into the Clearwater Bay Apartments on the 5200-block of W Clearwater Ave.

https://www.yaktrinews.com/bodycam-t...wick-shootout/

Anti-violence activist Lucille Puckett agrees. While watching the body camera video, she said the teen’s actions are wrong, but she believes the entire situation could have been handled differently. “I’m still, like, in awe because the officer gets out and starts cussing. It’s not a form of de-escalation,” she said. “It didn’t seem like the teen had any intention at the beginning of shooting at this officer. His intention was to flee, to get away.”

Shouldn't an "anti-violence activist" main concern be a 14 year old carrying a gun and breaking into cars?

An officer loosing a dozen rounds without a single hit should be CMP's main concern.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post

Shouldn't an "anti-violence activist" main concern be a 14 year old carrying a gun and breaking into cars?

An officer loosing a dozen rounds without a single hit should be CMP's main concern.
    In this case, anti-violence activist is simply a cover name for racial grievance industry parasite.

As for the 12 rounds, there’s a big difference between shooting on the range and shooting after you’ve been shot. Unless one has experienced this for themselves, I wouldn’t be too judgmental.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-30-2022 at 10:20 AM.

Mesa PD:

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    As for the 12 rounds, there’s a big difference between shooting on the range and shooting after you’ve been shot. Unless one has experienced this for themselves, I wouldn’t be too judgmental.
    I agree with you that I have never been in a situation that I had to defend my life, much less while injured. Even so, I like to think if I fired a few poorly aimed shots out of panic or whatever emotion you experience, it would stop before I reached 12. Maybe I am deluding myself.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I agree with you that I have never been in a situation that I had to defend my life, much less while injured. Even so, I like to think if I fired a few poorly aimed shots out of panic or whatever emotion you experience, it would stop before I reached 12. Maybe I am deluding myself.
    Many body cams show the panic firing doesn't stop until an entire mag is gone, but I am sure level of training is a factor

Just watched the video. It didn’t appear as panic firing to me. He aimed and fired at the subject who was still in view and therefore still a threat. And he did so after fixing a malfunction.

Site Supporter
    Officer shoots, injures man who hit him with vehicle at North Side McDonald's

So the officer, a rookie with 7 months on has been fired.

It appears there were initial shots fired when the suspect struck the officer with the door of the vehicle, the problem appears to be afterwards the officer fired additional shots at the vehicle as it was fleeing and no longer posed a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Officer shoots, injures man who hit him with vehicle at North Side McDonald's

So the officer, a rookie with 7 months on has been fired.

It appears there were initial shots fired when the suspect struck the officer with the door of the vehicle, the problem appears to be afterwards the officer fired additional shots at the vehicle as it was fleeing and no longer posed a threat.

It was also not the vehicle he believed previously fled from him...whoops

User Tag List