Page 322 of 374 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 3732

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

I will mostly stay in my lane on this one, except to note that there is a PO in NYC who is exceptionally lucky he did not get shot in the back by another PO in NYC.

Other than that I am still slack-jawed at this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41WADqqewYY

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    I will mostly stay in my lane on this one, except to note that there is a PO in NYC who is exceptionally lucky he did not get shot in the back by another PO in NYC.

Other than that I am still slack-jawed at this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41WADqqewYY
    I know that area well from back in the day. Guess Raul got the reply he was looking for.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I know that area well from back in the day. Guess Raul got the reply he was looking for.
    I spent most of my first years in my grandparents' home on Bayside Lane near Francis Lewis Blvd, so I know it well too. It was a nice neighborhood back then.

And it has certainly changed from when I was a kid.

Site Supporter
    Fightin’ in a travel trailer offers a lot of difficulties

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post

Unfortunately almost all OIS videos are age restricted on YT, so posting at least the title is helpful since you normally can’t see the thumbnail preview image.

Armed Suspect Hiding Under a Mattress Gets Shot by OKCPD Officers After He Fires at Them

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma — On 11/15/2022 around 10:25 AM, the Oklahoma City Police Department were notified that a man with an out-of-state felony warrant was in a travel trailer at 14000 Iron Rd. Responding officers learned the suspect, 38-year-old Timothy Johnson, had been seen entering the trailer, and were told that he had not come out. Officers obtained consent to search the trailer and then made entry. While searching the trailer, officers lifted a mattress that covered a storage area. When the mattress was lifted, officers saw Johnson hiding in the storage area, armed with a pistol. Johnson immediately opened fire on the officers. All three officers returned fire and retreated to an area of safety outside of the trailer. The OKCPD Tactical Unit was activated and responded to the scene. Attempts to contact Johnson were unsuccessful and the Tactical Unit ultimately made entry in to the trailer where they found him deceased. One of the three officers suffered a non-life threatening injury when he was struck in the face by flying debris during the fire fight. The officer was treated and released at an area hospital. All three officers have been placed on routine administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.

Site Supporter
    Bodycam Shows Raleigh Police Exchanging Gunfire With 15-year-old Mass Shooting Suspect

Raleigh, North Carolina — On October 13, 2022, members of the Raleigh Police Department (RPD) responded to a mass shooting in the Hedingham neighborhood located in Northeastern Raleigh. Five (5) individuals died, and two (2) others sustained injuries during this incident. Over the course of several hours, a search ensued for the suspected shooter that included an exchange of gunfire between the shooter and multiple officers. At approximately 6:42 p.m., officers were able to locate the suspect, 15-year-old Austin Thompson, in an area with two outbuildings near McConnell Oliver Drive. As officers were attempting to search the area, Thompson fired multiple shots at the officers from one of the buildings.

At approximately 6:44 p.m., Raleigh Police Officer Casey Clark, 33, fell to the ground after sustaining a gunshot wound in the right knee. Multiple officers, including two officers with the Raleigh Police Department, returned fire. Officers deployed cover fire allowing Officer Clark to be pulled to safety so that he could begin receiving treatment for his injuries. Officer Clark, suffered a non-life-threatening gunshot wound from the suspect. Preliminary results indicate that approximately 23 rounds were fired by RPD officers. Those rounds were fired in the direction of the outbuilding where Thompson fired upon officers.

Following the exchange of gunfire, officers established a perimeter to keep Thompson contained in the outbuilding for the safety of the nearby community due to concerns about the nature of weapons he possessed to include multiple firearms, as well as possible hand grenades as reported in a 911 call. At approximately 9:34 p.m., after continued reassessment of the threat Thompson posed, SEU officers advanced towards the outbuilding. Thompson was located inside lying on the ground and appeared to be suffering from a single gunshot wound. At the time, he was wearing camouflage clothing and a backpack, and a handgun was in his waistband.

The backpack contained various items, including several types of shotgun/rifle ammunition. A sheath for a large knife was found clipped to his belt, and a large hunting knife was found at the front of the outbuilding. A shotgun and shotgun shells were lying on the ground near him. No other weapons were found. Officers secured Thompson in handcuffs at approximately 9:36 p.m. EMS personnel rendered medical attention to Thompson and transported him to the hospital. He has since been released from the hospital and moved to a juvenile detention facility. One of Austin Thompson's five victims on Thursday night was his own 16-year-old brother, James Thompson.

The names of the victims involved in the mass shooting:

Deceased:
    Nicole Connors, 52
    Susan Karnatz, 49
    Mary Marshall, 35
    James Thompson, 16
    RPD Officer Gabriel Torres, 29

Injured:
    Marcille Gardner, 59
    RPD Officer Casey Clark, 33

Site Supporter
    This is the OIS recently discussed in the “Shooting Incidents in the News” thread.

Austin Police Officer Shoots Man Who Was Pointing and Firing a Rifle Into His Home

Austin, Texas — On Tuesday, November 15, 2022, at approximately 12:28 a.m., Austin 9-1-1 Communications received a call regarding a man with a gun across the street from 2301 South 3rd Street in the area of 2nd Street and Fletcher Street. The caller stated a male, wearing a grey robe and dark pants was pointing a rifle down the street. At 12:30 a.m., APD officers were dispatched to the call. The caller remained on the phone line with Austin 9-1-1 Communications while officers responded to the scene. The caller said the man was pointing his rifle at the interior of his home. The caller then stated the man just fired into his own home. The caller said the police were on scene and the man fired again. The man who fired the rifle was later identified as 33-year-old Rajan David Moonesinghe. The address where Moonesinghe was located was later identified as 2216 South 3rd Street.

Officer Daniel Sanchez and Officer Stephen Markert, driving separate marked police vehicles arrived at approximately 12:33 a.m., three minutes after the initial call was dispatched. As Officer Markert pulled up to the residence, he heard gunshots and realized that he was directly in front of where Moonesinghe was located. Both Officer Sanchez and Officer Markert then drove past the residence. Officers Sanchez and Markert exited their vehicles. Officer Sanchez was the first to observe Moonesinghe and gave him a verbal command to drop the gun. Immediately after telling Moonesinghe to drop the gun, Officer Sanchez fired his Department approved firearm at Moonesinghe. Moonesinghe was struck and fell to the ground. Officer Markert who had just exited his vehicle made contact with Officer Sanchez. Officer Markert gave verbal commands to Moonesinghe to show his hands. The officers did not receive a response from Moonesinghe.

Both officers observed the rifle on the ground near Moonesinghe. Officer Brito then arrived on scene and all three officers approached Moonesinghe who was still located on the porch of the residence with the rifle nearby. The officers immediately began life-saving measures. The front door was open and officers could see into the residence. Officer Brito gave verbal commands from the open front door to check for anyone who may have been injured or inside of the residence. Officers checked the residence and did not locate anyone inside the residence. At approximately 12:37 a.m., Austin-Travis County EMS (ATCEMS) arrived on scene and continued life-saving measures. ATCEMS transported Moonesinghe to a local hospital where Moonesinghe succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced deceased. Civilians and officers on scene did not sustain physical injuries. The rifle observed on the ground near Moonesinghe and several spent shell casings were recovered and seized as evidence.

Site Supporter
    Cops Fatally Shoot Driver as He Backs Over Man Pulled From His Car

Costa Mesa, California — On February 19, 2021, at approximately 10:15 a.m., Costa Mesa Police Officers Joe Lopez and Eric Molina were assigned to the Crime Prevention Unit (CPU) on routine patrol of the La Quinta Inn parking lot. Officers located a parked 2006 Ford Focus occupied by two males and a female. Lopez saw Jose David Valdez in the driver seat with his head slumped forward on the steering wheel. He believed Valdez had just used drugs, was on "the nod," meaning under the influence of drugs, or had possibly overdosed. Lopez approached the driver's side while Molina approached the passenger side. Witness 1 was the front passenger with Witness 2 in the left rear passenger seat behind Witness 1. Lopez recognized Witness 2 from prior narcotics investigation contacts. Molina searched Witness 2, while Lopez conversed with Valdez. Valdez's left hand was bandaged. During the investigation, Witness 1 stated she heard Valdez shot himself in the hand. Valdez had told Witness 1 the vehicle they were in was a "G-Ride", which is slang for a stolen vehicle.

Lopez instructed Valdez to keep his hands on the steering wheel, however, Valdez repeatedly moved his right hand toward the center console, his waistband, and the area of his right leg. Lopez was concerned Valdez may have had a weapon and he had not been searched. Molina located drug paraphernalia on Witness 2 and cuffed his hands behind his back. Molina sat Witness 2 on the asphalt behind the left rear bumper of the Ford Focus. Molina had Witness 1 step out of the vehicle and move behind a vehicle parked east of the Ford Focus where he searched her. Valdez suddenly started the vehicle, placed it in reverse, and accelerated. Lopez and Molina shouted commands for Valdez to stop. Molina was unsuccessful in pulling Witness 2 from the path of the Ford Focus as it reversed. Witness 2 screamed as the left rear tire ran over his handcuffed hands. Witness 2 was then struck by the open passenger door and the front right tire. Lopez could hear Witness 2 screaming but could not see him. He described his thoughts, stating "If [Witness 2] isn't already pinned or, or dead under there, he's obviously screaming, he's gonna be soon, um, imminently." He said, "...I had to put a stop to it."

Molina said, "The vehicle was put, or as the vehicle was reversing, I then made the determination to, uh, remove my firearm and fire at the vehicle and, because I believed that he [Valdez] was an imminent threat of death or seriously bodily injury to [Witness 2]. And as the vehicle was backing up, it was positioning itself for it to face me and the woman that was, I was searching who was still standing next to me." Molina stated that he was "unsure of [Witness 2's] condition whether he had sustained a major injury or not." Molina and Lopez fired their department-issued handguns at Valdez. Lopez fired twice and Molina fired three times. The left rear bumper of the Ford Focus struck the left front bumper of their parked police vehicle. Witness 2 was eventually able to escape the vehicle's path because the police officer on the passenger side saved him by pulling him away. Lopez saw Valdez put the Ford Focus in drive and start moving forward toward Molina and Witness 1. Molina fired four additional times through the windshield at Valdez. Lopez fired once toward Valdez from the driver's side.

Molina evaluated Witness 2's injuries and then went to help Lopez remove Valdez from the vehicle. CMPD officers provided Valdez with medical aid, which included Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) until Costa Mesa Fire Department (CMFD) paramedics arrived. CMFD transported Valdez by ambulance to Orange County Global Medical Center (OCGMC) where he later died from his injuries. Witness 2 was also transported to OCGMC and treated for non-life-threatening injuries. The Ford Focus had been reported "missing with the keys" to the Newport Beach Police Department on February 16, 2021. A Hellcat .380 semi-automatic handgun was located in the left pocket of Valdez's jacket. The handgun contained a loaded magazine, but there was no round in the chamber.

Site Supporter
    Virginia Beach Police Officer Fights Woman With A Gun then Shoots Suspect Who Pointed Gun at Him

Virginia Beach, Virginia — On December 1, 2022, at approximately 3:30 p.m., a Virginia Beach Police Department (VBPD) officer received an Automated License Plate Reader (ALPR) hit on a stolen vehicle. The officer initiated a stop in the parking lot of 665 Newtown Road. The officer attempted to detain 28-year-old Deshawn Whitaker who subsequently escaped his grip and fled on foot. The officer then attempted to detain the front seat passenger, a female later identified as Jacqueline Ortiz, F/20, of Norfolk, who had exited the stolen car and was walking away. The officer attempted to take Ortiz into custody, but she immediately resisted and a struggle ensued. During the struggle, Ortiz repeatedly reached for a handgun she had concealed on her person.

As the struggle continued, Whitaker returned, produced a firearm, and pointed it at the officer. The officer then discharged his service weapon, striking Whitaker. Whitaker was transported to Norfolk General hospital. He succumbed to his injuries on December 2, 2022, shortly after midnight. Ortiz was eventually taken into custody and her handgun recovered. Ortiz was transported to local hospital and treated for minor injuries before being released. She has been charged with Possession of Stolen Property, Concealed Weapon, Possession of Firearm After a Domestic Violence Conviction, and Brandishing a Firearm. Ortiz is currently being held on no bond in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center. The involved officer was treated for minor injuries and is currently on administrative leave which is customary in all Officer Involved Shooting incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post

The female officer was lucky as she ran to front/back of trailer for cover. Could have easily been struck. Close call.

User Tag List