Page 225 of 374 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 3731

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    man.. she didn't have a magazine in that rifle and that had my butthole puckered the whole time.
    Looks like she ejected it right after she charged the bolt. She obviously had trouble manipulating the rifle, which is understandable due to her injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    man.. she didn't have a magazine in that rifle and that had my butthole puckered the whole time.
    I was about to write this exact thing. My butthole was also puckered sir.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    NM State Police shooting:

As soon as I saw the brake lights come on I thought "go back to your vehicle and call backup." Any time you see the lights come on they are prepping to flee. Last time it happened to me I didn't even put my car in park, just opened my door and as soon as they saw that they took off.

Be prepared to fight with reduced function in the hands. Been there. I won't carry a pistol that needs a thumb safety. You can see how much trouble she had with the rifle and never got it in fighting shape, it was either a single shot or a club depending on if she got a round chambered before the mag came out.

Side note, no radio on the uniform? Only have comms from the vehicle? I know the first sheriff's dept I worked for (non-sworn position) was like that, but I'm surprised anyone today doesn't have radios on the officer, even if it has to repeat through the bigger radio in the vehicle.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    While certainly not perfect, I echo one on scene officer's statement that she did awesome.

My first thought on comms is that an agency that can afford BWC's for everyone can certainly afford portable radios. That said, st least one trooper on scene was using a portable and she did have an empty radio holder on her belt.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Side note, no radio on the uniform? Only have comms from the vehicle? I know the first sheriff's dept I worked for (non-sworn position) was like that, but I'm surprised anyone today doesn't have radios on the officer, even if it has to repeat through the bigger radio in the vehicle.
    I thought the same thing-- I wonder if it fell off or broke when she was shot?

There are plenty of pictures on the internet of NM troopers with lapel mics and radios.

Site Supporter
    Side note: NMSP LEOs have the title «state police officer», not «trooper». Kinda like California that way. I think those two and Hawaii are the only states that don’t have troopers.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    There was a radio on her vest. You could see it later in the video. Maybe not on the right freq or couldn't manipulate it with her hands shot or something.

Sacramento PD. Another RDS-equipped pistol shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    NM State Police shooting:

Impressive grit, tenacity, and composure. One of the most impressive things I've seen in quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Sacramento PD. Another RDS-equipped pistol shooting.
    Lots to think about... people may not want to give good info even in a potential active shooter situation... or they don’t have good info but have sense enough to get outa’ dodge. Then there’s WML best practices and the fact that (while in this case it seems the right person got shot) if you are a shooter against a bad guy, being the guy with a gun when the Calvary arrives is not a good thing.

The handgun RDS with good hits is another angle, and while I’m all about the dot life, I think it’s a lesser lesson than the other stuff going on.

User Tag List