Page 317 of 374 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3732

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Tucson PD SWAT shoots suspect who pointed pistol at K-9s head.

Tucson, Arizona — On August 25th, 2022, the Tucson Police Department Special Weapons and Tactics team (SWAT) were conducting surveillance on Francisco Javier Galarza, a 49-year-old male, in relation to active felony arrest warrants for home invasion and bank robbery. At approximately 11:45 a.m., a blue BMW pulled into a Circle K parking lot located at 6090 S. Park Ave. Galarza exited the vehicle and entered the convenience store. At approximately 11:51 a.m., Galarza exited the store. Officers approached and identified themselves, instructing him to get down on the ground in order to effect an arrest.

Galarza began to flee officers and removed a black handgun from a bag on his person. Ofc. Barrie Pedersen released his K-9 partner, Kiro, to apprehend Galarza. The K-9 ended the pursuit by bringing Galarza to the ground. While on the ground, he pointed a firearm at K-9 and officers. Officers Ernest Ortiz and Barrie Pedersen discharged their firearms. Officers immediately provided medical attention to Galarza using their individual first aid kits (IFAKs) until Tucson Fire Department personnel arrived. Despite these efforts, Galarza was pronounced deceased at the scene. The handgun in Galarza's possession was a TAURUS G3 9mm semi-automatic. It was recovered with ammunition in the magazine and one round in the chamber.

He won the appropriate prize.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Nice deployment good leg bite after knocking him down. The dog saved the SWAT guys from being shot at. The title of the video isn’t right. You don’t shoot suspects for pointing a gun at your dog you shoot him because he’s placing you and your partners in fear of being shot. You have a chance of going to prison for protecting your dog. You’re protecting yourself.

Two nitpicks. I didn’t like the position of the solo SWAT guy but that was negated by being able to shoot straight down. I didn’t like the handler having his pistol out while handling the dog. If you did draw holster before working your dog. It’s a bad day if you have to shoot with SWAT guys covering you. I liked pulling the suspect away from the gun with the dog.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Tacoma Police OIS. Ended with a single 183 yard rifle shot with a red dot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-XkT9pN0aw

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Tacoma Police OIS. Ended with a single 183 yard rifle shot with a red dot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-XkT9pN0aw
    Sort of. He hit the guy but apparently the suspect died of a self inflicted gunshot wound.

Name:  85DB83C7-62D9-45A8-84A9-0CAB3ECA2231.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  30.9 KB

Is that a BRN 180 upper on one if the suspects rifles ?

Name:  884689E3-2713-4EED-AAA9-8B00B859F651.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  62.4 KB

The officer’s GBRS mount screams gun nerd.

Name:  054855D7-1DB9-4D49-BF4F-0E8A27FFA2B4.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  27.4 KB

Site Supporter
    @HCM lack of a hole for bolt handle removal at back of the charging handle cut and the lack of the spacer at the rear of the upper makes me think it’s some other side charging upper.

https://www.brownells.com/.aspx/bapi...wnells-brn-180

Looks like two SBRs - I'm sure they were properly registered as per the NFA.

Site Supporter
    First video I’ve seen of someone triple wielding a taser a gun and handcuffs all at the same time.

Lucas’ use of deadly force resulted in his arrest two days after the incident. He was fired and charged with murdering Price in October 2020, and his use-of-force response was deemed "not objectively reasonable" by the Texas Rangers after a review of the footage. On September 22, 2022, A Texas jury found former Wolfe City officer Shaun Lucas not guilty in the shooting death of Jonathan Price.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

I try not to inject too much personal feeling because I watch these for professional development and education, but man was that a justified shoot if I ever saw one.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    First video I’ve seen of someone triple wielding a taser a gun and handcuffs all at the same time.

That looked really bad. I never saw that before either. I’ve seen dual wielding pistols and Tasers. Four months out of the academy working as the only one on duty that night. Officer was detaining him because he thought he was intoxicated. Yikes at that point you’ve got other stuff to worry about.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List