Page 364 of 374 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 3733

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Florida Man Rams His Car into Two Deputies

Hillsborough County, Florida — On November 9, 2023, the HCSO Communications Center received a call at 7:44 a.m. from a woman stating that she was in fear of her son, who was behaving violently at their home in Brandon, located on Dexwell Court. When the deputies arrived, they came into contact with Ralph Bouzy, 28, who was in the driver's seat of a vehicle in the driveway of his home. Deputies tried to make contact with him, expressing they were there to help, but Bouzy refused to speak to them and drove away.

Just after 8:00 a.m., Bouzy returned to the scene, deliberately ambushing the deputies there. He accelerated his vehicle as he turned onto Dexwell Court, causing a deputy to jump out of the way to avoid being hit. Bouzy then continued to speed towards two deputies standing outside of their marked patrol SUV, violently colliding with both deputies. The two deputies involved were Corporal Carlos Brito, 39, and Deputy Manuel Santos, 31. Both sustained serious, critical injuries and are receiving treatment at Tampa General Hospital.

Two other deputies encountered Bouzy after he exited his vehicle. After he refused law enforcement commands, a taser was deployed and Bouzy was taken into custody. Corporal Brito has been with HCSO since 2013. Deputy Santos started at HCSO in 2019. Bouzy has previously been arrested for three felonies and 14 misdemeanors. He is facing charges of Attempted Murder on a Law Enforcement Officer (X3). This is an active investigation, additional charges may be pending.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    3/15/2016

wow. Don't think I've ever seen anything quite like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    Yeah, that was not cool.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    Holy shit show, Batman!!! Wrestling with bad guy, finger on the trigger, pointing gun at my partner. How did he not shoot anyone? And was that his AD/ND/UD/whateveryouwannacallit or the bad guy shooting? Couldn’t tell.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    That was I think the dumbest, most screwed up crap I've ever seen. Only through Divine Intervention did they not shoot themselves.

Fight over gun

When the discharge occurs, the direction of the muzzle blast is such that it looks like it’s from the suspect’s muzzle.

Having said that, both of them had fingers on triggers.

Good thing there was so many coppers on scene to try to get control of suspect, or the outcome could have been less favorable.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by sff70 View Post
    When the discharge occurs, the direction of the muzzle blast is such that it looks like it’s from the suspect’s muzzle.

Having said that, both of them had fingers on triggers.

Good thing there was so many coppers on scene to try to get control of suspect, or the outcome could have been less favorable.
    Not sure if the last part of your quote was sarcasm or not, but in my experience more cops on scene making bad decisions does not generally improve outcomes. Those cops aren't dead only because the bad guy decided not to shoot them.

Fight over a gun

No, wasn’t being sarcastic. But I hear what you are saying.

We do not have the “problem” of more than about 2 or 3 LEOs on a scene, ever.

Having said that, getting control of someone’s arm/wrist/hand usually goes better when you can get two of your hands on it.

So 2 people to control 1, minimum.

And in a weapons based environment, even more so important.

Having been in a struggle with a suspect to prevent them from acquiring their pistol, which turned into a struggle over my holstered pistol, by myself, was not a fun experience, and a lot of learning occurred. I do not recommend doing this solo. It’s a hard problem to solve. But you should know how to solve it.

In another incident in my agency, a 2 on 1 struggle over a shotgun turned into a struggle over a LEO’s carbine. An additional LEO was able to resolve it.

1 on 1 fights suck. I prefer to have help. But, yes, some people are not much help.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Not sure if the last part of your quote was sarcasm or not, but in my experience more cops on scene making bad decisions does not generally improve outcomes. Those cops aren't dead only because the bad guy decided not to shoot them.
    Last edited by sff70; 11-26-2023 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by sff70 View Post
    No, wasn’t being sarcastic. But I hear what you are saying.

We do not have the “problem” of more than about 2 or 3 LEOs on a scene, ever.

Having said that, getting control of someone’s arm/wrist/hand usually goes better when you can get two of your hands on it.

So 2 people to control 1, minimum.

And in a weapons based environment, even more so important.

Having been in a struggle with a suspect to prevent them from acquiring their pistol, which turned into a struggle over my holstered pistol, by myself, was not a fun experience, and a lot of learning occurred. I do not recommend doing this solo. It’s a hard problem to solve. But you should know how to solve it.

In another incident in my agency, a 2 on 1 struggle over a shotgun turned into a struggle over a LEO’s carbine. An additional LEO was able to resolve it.

1 on 1 fights suck. I prefer to have help. But, yes, some people are not much help.
    In the video above, it would not of turned into a struggle over the gun had the suspect been shot at the appropriate time, which was way before he was out of the vehicle

User Tag List