Page 147 of 374 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 3731

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

NOLA shooting. Lots of things going on including a reload and double feed clearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-7...&index=13&t=0s
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    NOLA shooting. Lots of things going on including a reload and double feed clearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-7...&index=13&t=0s
    John, I rewound the double-feed portion several times and was unable to determine a precipitating cause. Were you able to?

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Gray01 View Post
    John, I rewound the double-feed portion several times and was unable to determine a precipitating cause. Were you able to?
    I couldn't see anything that stood out as an obvious cause. I hate chest mounted body cameras because they don't show you what you need to see in most use of force incidents.

Remember, we know that pistols malfunction more in gunfights than they ever do on the square range. The FBI and the NTI both found this. If I had to make a guess based on the highest probability, I'd guess some kind of recoil / poor grip related issue. It's not a popular view but pretty much every striker fired, plastic framed pistol introduced after the Glock has included some sort of metal structure to minimize frame flex. Softening the recoil appeals to a lot of folks - until you realize that the pistol needs recoil and a non-moving part to recoil against in order to work well.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

We, as an agency, had a large percentage of officers who would unload/load for inspections and whatnot by dropping the pipe round in the chamber and closing the slide instead of stripping one from the magazine. It was so rampant that when we had Beretta 92FS Inox pistols, they replaced all the extractors in the field. We were having double feeds on the range on several pistols and they took a good look at the extractors. They were all rounded off at the sharp edge.

Not saying that is what happened here but I still see officers doing that with G17s.

Lots of us here are too lazy to do it correctly and whine about having to load one round in an already compressed magazine with 16 rounds in it. Cause it hurty and all that.

Regards.

San Ysidro Port of Entry

Dude tried shooting it out with 7 CBP officers when he was sent to secondary for smuggling Chinese nationals.

https://www.10news.com/news/local-ne...onqtc9yhpisQ40

He lost.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Dude tried shooting it out with 7 CBP officers when he was sent to secondary for smuggling Chinese nationals.

https://www.10news.com/news/local-ne...onqtc9yhpisQ40

He lost.
    Well he was depressed, bipolar, had several concussions and didn't think like a normal person...so...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    In fairness to the decedent's mother, she did call the reporter to say she felt for the CBP officers and bystanders. Of course, we'll see if that sympathy holds when a plaintiff's attorney suggests how much money she can make suing the government.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    In fairness to the decedent's mother, she did call the reporter to say she felt for the CBP officers and bystanders. Of course, we'll see if that sympathy holds when a plaintiff's attorney suggests how much money she can make suing the government.
    She also said she had been out of touch with him the past five years.

User Tag List