Page 194 of 372 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 3714

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Many police agencies, as well as police unions and union attorneys, keep it zipped tight after use of force incidents. In the case of the agencies, I suspect it is caused by fear they will defend an officer if it turns out the shoot or other force usage was bad. With unions and their attorneys, I think it is often a lack of experience and knowledge of the real world in 2020. (Trust me on this, stupidity by FOP lodges and attorneys was occurring in 1984 in Maryland. Ask me how I know.)

If we don't get our story (which is the truth with almost all agencies) out there, preferably backed with video,the news media will get their version from the bad guys.

Bravo zulu to this agency on all levels.
    From my perspective, this has been L/E's biggest failure and is likely a very significant part of why we are facing the public's idiocracy on use of force/use of deadly force issues. When we don't, won't explain what happened and why then we are ceding that conversation to the activists, the media, politicians, etc.

Site Supporter
    OIS with Red Dot Pistol - Las Vegas Metro Police.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    OIS with Red Dot Pistol - Las Vegas Metro Police.
    You forgot to mention the shootee had a PX4, which makes this maybe the most PF OIS yet posted.

Shifting The Goal Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Yea, I found out about all that later on. They also visited the mayors house and the Governors mansion, which led to a large response of SHP Troopers going to Raleigh.

Like I said, they've had a few OIS lately...and she has stood behind the officers every time. The WTVD reporter should be fired for swirling that shit up like he did.
    What a surprise that no apology for getting it wrong was issued by those who decided to jump to conclusions and take to the streets.

Amid tension, police shooting report says suspect raised gun

A man wounded by police in a case that sparked protests around North Carolina’s capital city was raising a gun when he was shot, according to a preliminary investigative report, which comes as community activists press for increased police transparency and accountability.

The shooting of Javier Torres, 26, on March 10 ignited spontaneous demonstrations around Raleigh after social media rumors incorrectly suggested an unarmed 16-year-old was shot and killed. Hours after the shooting, news video showed crowds at the home of Raleigh Police Chief Cassandra Deck-Brown, demanding to see her. Outside the governor’s mansion, protesters burned a flag in the street.

Zainab Baloch, a member of the nonprofit Raleigh Police Accountability Community Taskforce, said that regardless of initial confusion about the age of the person shot, the protests reflected pent-up frustration surrounding recent officer-involved shootings in Raleigh, including two fatal shootings in the past year.

“The situation with the confusion around Javier’s shooting doesn’t change the fact that there are major racial discrepancies in policing in Raleigh, and our Black and Brown communities are being subjected to constant trauma and death due to the lack of accountability,” she said in response to a Twitter message.
    https://apnews.com/07ec89413726eb45d79647c47409d415
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I hadn't seen this one posted yet........... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuvQo98h47o
    Officer took some birdshot to the shoulder but is GTG.

Keith

Reminds me of Ralphie beating up Scott Farkus.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Reminds me of Ralphie beating up Scott Farkus.

That clearly did not go how Mr.Redshirt thought it would go.

Site Supporter
    I would never have had to warn that officer about the perils of Taser codependency.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Oh man, that was hairy. Great reflexes but major pucker factor on the potential crossfire. Glad all the good guys are okay.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List