Page 310 of 373 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 3727

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It’s simply a matter of the level of training. In this instance, the officer not only did not decock but didn’t holster either.

If carrying a TDA decocking should be at the unconscious competence level.

If there isn’t adequate training/ sustainment training striker fired guns may be a better choice.
    Yep. "Sights off-decock" is no harder than single action "sights off-safety on'.

But the world is moving to srikers for a bunch of reasons.

pat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It’s simply a matter of the level of training. In this instance, the officer not only did not decock but didn’t holster either.

If carrying a TDA decocking should be at the unconscious competence level.

If there isn’t adequate training/ sustainment training striker fired guns may be a better choice.

When carrying a DA/SA, any time I had the gun out of the holster, for whatever reason, before holstering again I would hit the decocker. Also, coming off target, I hit the decocker, regardless if I had fired a shot or not. The goal was to make it second nature, but I never had to find out for real if I would decock under stress. Thankfully.

Site Supporter
    LVMPD using a 1301 with a dot to end a dude who stabbed his wife to death in front of their kids.

ETA: don’t watch the end of the video where reporters ask if the police were trained to try to de-escalate the situation or about the suspect having a knife and the officers having guns if you have high blood pressure or don’t want it. And they asked this after seeing the video FFS.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 07-19-2022 at 07:41 PM.

Site Supporter
    San Bernardino OIS Officer is using what looks like a Staccato or other 2011 with a dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    San Bernardino OIS Officer is using what looks like a Staccato or other 2011 with a dot.

Looks more like a Sig P226 or some other P-series variant

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by parishioner View Post
    Looks more like a Sig P226 or some other P-series variant
    Possible, but whatever it was the hammer sure looks like it was cocked before the shooting.

Name:  DCBA6C34-872C-424C-84F7-DEA086721B08.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  31.0 KB
    Name:  ADB3CE5F-E81C-4211-B057-BFF2E418D6E5.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  24.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Tekle Sundberg shooting from Minneapolis. Bad guy was actively shooting into his neighbors apartment that was occupied by a couple Oman and her two kids. He then shoots at cops through the door. Police marksmen later shot the suspect through the window when he picked up the gun again.

Last edited by Caballoflaco; 07-21-2022 at 05:55 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Tekle Sundberg shooting from Minneapolis. Bad guy was actively shooting into his neighbors apartment that was occupied by a couple Oman and her two kids. He then shoots at cops through the door. Police marksmen later shot the suspect through the window when he picked up the gun again.

The neighbor whose apartment the deceased miscreant was shooting up gave “protestors” an earful.

Site Supporter
    Houston Police responding to a home invasion. Pretty gnarly, but police manage to successfully intervene in an entangled fight between the suspect and a Good Samaritan neighbor without shooting the Good Samaritan or each other.

Site Supporter
    Houston again. Bad guy assaults a dude with a table leg. Off duty police working as security responds. Suspect is shot after he assaults and steals an officer’s taser.

User Tag List