Page 216 of 372 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 3714

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    Obviously it's impossible to say, but watching the camera without knowing what was coming, I thought the first shots were the other officer, not the killer. "What the fuck?" might have represented genuine confusion as to what was going on rather than shock he was under fire.

Heartbreaking to watch.
    Agreed. I was actually thinking the car that pulled over was the friend the DB called and he was going to do something.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Agreed. I was actually thinking the car that pulled over was the friend the DB called and he was going to do something.
    I think that car was his friend and ended up becoming the getaway driver.

Interesting video and I like this guy's channel.

OIS out of Oconee County, GA earlier this week.

Incident details from OCSO’s Facebook:

-The female who was shot in the incident is identified as Julia Anne Moss (40) of Athens.
    -She was a guest at the residence having spent the previous night there.
    -A male resident called 911 after Moss stabbed a dog and hit the male resident in the head with a pipe. He had a visible injury to his head.
    -Another male resident had barricaded himself into a bedroom to avoid Moss.
    -Deputies attempted to de-escalate the situation for approximately 17 minutes. The GBI collected all of the evidence from the scene including the entire video. She was in an apparent manic state, and the deputies called for medical assistance almost immediately upon making contact with her. Medical personnel could not make entry until the scene was secure.
    -The deputies involved are identified as Cpl. Henderson and Deputy Swisher.
    -Deputy Swisher was covering Moss with a Taser, and he fired the Taser as she charged the deputies.
    -Cpl. Henderson fired the shots. Cpl. Henderson has been with the Oconee County Sheriff's Office for six years. He has extensive training in use of force and de-escalation. He is also a firearms instructor.
    -Deputies attempted CPR on Moss to no avail. The third deputy who arrived on scene approximately a minute after the shots were fired is also an Emergency Medical Responder with Oconee County Fire Rescue. An additional responding deputy is a trained Emergency Medical Technician, and he also provided care as did other deputies and a GSP Trooper.
    -The male resident was treated at the scene. The dog was treated by EMTs on scene and at a local veterinary hospital. It has been reunited with its owner.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter

Site Supporter
    Absolutely no criticism of Chicago PD in their handling of this incident. Glad it went as well as it could. Those coppers have seen and done much more than I'll ever do or have done, but I have a few thoughts.

Neuro-muscular incapacitation from a Taser is a gift. It only happens about fifty or sixty percent of the time. Assisting officers need to move in during those five seconds. Even if the Taser operator recycles, there's is a good chance one or both of the probes has disconnected.

We need to consider approach when a suspect "under power" from a Taser is armed. The bad guy hung onto his blade and could have killed the sergeant. If officers had approached while the suspect was "under power" from the Taser, I wonder if a baton strike would have disarmed him. Agreed approach and disarm while bad guy is under power is risky, but this ended up in an officer involved shooting with all the usual issues and, more importantly, could have gotten an officer hurt or killed.

In this age of perpetual video, it wouldn't hurt to do medical evaluation and treatment of the bad guy even if futile. If the suspect is clearly room temperature, perhaps putting an emergency blanket over him or her might not preclude later whining.

Again, no criticism of CPD at all. That incident seemed to go very bad and very quick. Glad my brothers and sisters are OK.

Oddly enough, I look down and realize I'm wearing a Chicago PD t-shirt.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    If the suspect is clearly room temperature, perhaps putting an emergency blanket over him or her might not preclude later whining.
    That will immediately get you up shit creek with homicide investigators due to the potential destruction/movement of micro-evidence and is typically against policy as a result. Setting up screens is the preferred method of shielding the corpse from eyesight but not disturbing evidence.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Agree completely on the screens. I was considering what we had in the cruisers when I worked for the city. Our emergency blankets were in their own packaging and almost never used. If they were used, they would be replaced. They would be relatively sterile (from an evidentiary standpoint, not medical) if placed over a deceased suspect. That said, screens or a large perimeter would be a better option.

WTAF...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List