Page 178 of 373 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 3727

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

I completely understand what SCOTUS has stated, and the relevant case-law, believe me when I say I am very familiar with this.

I have personally seen this occur in my PD, as well as others locally. Officer's doing exactly what case-laws says they were supposed to, which ended up with them being charged with homicide and never getting their jobs back, even if they happened to beat the case (one didn't actually beat the case, he's in jail).

My point has been that chasing a guy for a hit and run, especially when you know his license plate number, and in effect creating a situation where you chasing the guy (who did not commit any violent or force-able felony) is becoming dangerous to the community, is very shortsighted.

I understand that this may be completely legit in some places, what I have said is that it is not legit in large PD's/cities. This particular situation is one where I wouldn't even attempt to chase, nor would I advise any other officers to do so either.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    This incident illustrates the need for someone, preferably an employee association, to go public after a critical incident. We cannot trust most chiefs, especially in Democratic-run jurisdictions, to defend their people. No one has provided a law enforcement perspective on the Park Police shooting. Instead, we have the Washington Post accusing the officers of murder and execution by implication in their "reporting" and directly in their editorials.

Someone pointing out that the decedent was not stopping and would likely be driving through residential neighborhoods (For God's sake! Won't someone think of the children?) or pointing out Supreme Court decisions on deadly force to end chases might help.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    The city of Memphis sought to convict the Arkansas officers in Plumhoff with homicide charges as well. The SCOTUS sorted that out.
    Legal, perhaps. Clownshoes and should be fired, yup. This whole pursuit is a how not to do things video.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Obeying traffic laws? He's running from the police and trying to drive around/through a roadblock.

No one would argue against a PIT maneuver being justified, right? But crashing a vehicle is using potentially lethal force too.
    I'm not saying he was obeying all laws, but I didn't see anything in the video that looked to be putting the officers or public at grave risk...yet. My dept. is very liberal in when they will allow us to force-end a pursuit...and the pursuit in the video (at least the portion viewed) is not one of those instances.

I've been in pursuits that were much more violent than this one and I didn't feel at the time that I'd be justified in putting rounds into someone. I'm glad this instance worked out in their favor, for their sake.

Los Angeles carjacker with machete attacks officer, gets put down:

The officer's wounds were not life threatening...
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 11-26-2019 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Los Angeles carjacker with machete attacks officer, gets put down:

The officer's wounds were not life threatening...
    I was on another gun forum with this video. “Buh why did-ain’t the officer shoot sooner” they posted. Same group of folks that would complain if the officer did. Shoot sooner and risk prison, shoot later risk injury and less chance of being thrown under the bus. Either way there will be a lawsuit and Monday morning quarterbacking. It all depends on the community. Should he have shot sooner? Yes, but in today’s f the police climate that really doesn’t matter. Logic doesn’t matter, just feels.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-...ttacks-suspect

Officer gets punched in face, releases his dog.

A terrorist wearing a fake suicide vest went on a stabbing spree in London today. Apparently citizens were fighting the guy until police put him down. Waiting to hear back from a Met contact on whether it was AFOs, SFOs or CTSFO that did the shooting.

Video: https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video...e5f4Od6-pt8wFU

Name:  London.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  37.7 KB
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Waiting to hear back from a Met contact on whether it was AFOs, SFOs or CTSFO that did the shooting.
    Please post more info if/when you're able.

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    Please post more info if/when you're able.
    Apparently City of London SFOs. She said that the last few shootings have actually been City of London, not the Met.

Everything indicates that they arrived to find the bystanders restraining the subject, which is where the video picks up.

Very decisive action to end the IED threat, no hesitation.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List