Page 183 of 373 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 3727

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk View Post
    All I have to say is 5 years left and I’m done. Listen to the “activists” on this one:

https://www.fox9.com/news/activists-...oting-released

Clown World
    Better the officer should just let himself be killed than defend himself. What was he thinking?

Ordinarily I'd say it's pathetic...but evil seems more appropriate.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Similar stuff, although actually much worse, happened to me more years ago than I want to admit. I lived, he didn't; I felt bad for his family and angry at what I was forced to do; haters had to hate; media had to spin; politicians and wannabe politicians had to get air time.

On most every OIS I have to deal with now, one my first questions is the race/ethnicity/color of the guy shot. Because I care about that stuff on some personal level or think a different standard applies or the value of human life is measured by such things? No, because it gives me a sense of what we are going to see from those for whom skin color is all that matters or who want to get as much ink or air time as possible when cops have to use deadly force against someone of color.

I am putting soapbox away now.

Site Supporter

Looks like the passenger side officer has a 4506. Takes him a while to decock, but he does and flips it back off safe, as you would with a 3rd gen.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk View Post
    All I have to say is 5 years left and I’m done. Listen to the “activists” on this one:

https://www.fox9.com/news/activists-...oting-released

Clown World
    Uh, say what? It's not clear what escalation of force was used?

I'm not a cop, nor have I been, nor will I likely ever be (I won't say never because you never say never, and it's not something I'd say no to under certain conditions). However, spending a significant amount of time in the Middle East, "escalation of force" was one of those lovely things the army had conceived by the time I was there. Long story short, the one time I fired my crew serve, I was way behind the curve ball, and still stuck in "training" and being absolutely fracking petrified that our chain of command would fry our butts heaven forbid we screw up and shoot the wrong person (it was threatened). While yes, two civilians got shot that day, I know it wasn't my bullets that did it, however if I wouldn't have been so severely hampered by minutia, the vehicle(s) would have never had the opportunity to take fire from anyone else, and there would have been a lot more bodies, on my head.

Anyway, delete that random story if it is that far irrelevant to the intent of the subforum. Point being, those "activists" would be pretty easily described as evil. That's just insane to think the officer could do anything else.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Just my guess from watching the video and the limited info from above posts...

This was probably her first non-complaint subject to deal with by herself off of training car. I think she vapor-locked on training...having graduated the academy recently, she'd just had a lot of force options dumped on her in a compressed amount of time.

When still trying to learn how to process fast evolving situations in the real world and presented with an overload of options, sometimes they just lock-up and the fall back option is the handgun...because everyone complies when there's a gun pointed at them right? Until they don't.

I'm glad it turned out OK for her, and hopefully the incident provided an opportunity for her to realize any deficiencies in training and/or ability and to do some soul-searching. Anybody who's done the job has had that incident when they were a rookie that caused them to pause spiritually and mentally and realize, "Whoa...this is serious." and decide if it was the right career for them.

99% of time I've seen batons employed as designed, it's the good guys that wind up taking the strikes.

The only uses I've had for a baton have been to hold open hoods on POS stranded vehicles, as a poker to pry up the rear seat cushion on vehicle searches to avoid surprises such as snakes, nest of roaches, etc. (learned from experience), to remove windows to extract crash victims or non-complaint suspects, or as a doorknocker on loud music, etc. complaints.

So this brings up a question to me. Of course the comments on YouTube are merciless. I tend to try and analyze both sides before thinking too much one way or the other. The question I have for those who are LE is on a situation like this where the officer is very, very green and makes a very grievously poor choice, is that grounds to fire them, or does the agency take them back to for much more training to resolve the issue?

Referencing my own story in the post above, if I had acted more on instinct than "training" (recognizing the need to skip steps in escalation of force), it would/could have come out much more poorly, at least for myself and the locals involved, though it would have been deemed a good shoot. This officer got stuck in the same sort of mental tunnel, and it came out much more poorly. Is that grievance worth her job?

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    "It is unclear from the limited body camera footage what types of de-escalation tactics were used"
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    The question I have for those who are LE is on a situation like this where the officer is very, very green and makes a very grievously poor choice, is that grounds to fire them, or does the agency take them back to for much more training to resolve the issue?
    It can go either way depending on a bajillion factors, ranging from the department, the officer's history, how much media attention it gets, if the mayor is up for re-election, etc. etc. Usually rookies have limited or no merit protection even with union departments, so until they are out of their probationary period it's up to the Chief/Sheriff. If they are an at will employee in a non-union shop, same regardless of time on. With merit protection, it's generally up to the Chief/Sheriff to recommend and then a civilian oversight board to make the final decision.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    "It is unclear from the limited body camera footage what types of de-escalation tactics were used"
    And that's even worse, at least by my understanding of the English language. Situation deescalated rather quickly when perp hit the deck.

It escalated from "hey, what's up?" to "shoot the bad guy" faster than you can zip your fly, and deescalated just as fast.

Limited body cam my left foot.

I'm not a cop, nor have I been, nor will I likely ever be (I won't say never because you never say never, and it's not something I'd say no to under certain conditions). However, spending a significant amount of time in the Middle East, "escalation of force" was one of those lovely things the army had conceived by the time I was there. Long story short, the one time I fired my crew serve, I was way behind the curve ball, and still stuck in "training" and being absolutely fracking petrified that our chain of command would fry our butts heaven forbid we screw up and shoot the wrong person (it was threatened). While yes, two civilians got shot that day, I know it wasn't my bullets that did it, however if I wouldn't have been so severely hampered by minutia, the vehicle(s) would have never had the opportunity to take fire from anyone else, and there would have been a lot more bodies, on my head.

Anyway, delete that random story if it is that far irrelevant to the intent of the subforum. Point being, those "activists" would be pretty easily described as evil. That's just insane to think the officer could do anything else.
    I find the video relevant as it shows some in the community’s incorrect reaction, it may be incorrect but it is a squeaky wheel. That reaction can influence officer’s future decisions and should not be ignored. I see the delay in proper use of force not used sooner from I believe nonsense like this. It does have an impact.

When you make multiple bad life decisions and you get to meet the fur missile.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List