Page 286 of 372 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 3714

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    No begging. Command...repeat command...boom.
    One of my old sergeants once said "It is a mistake to try to have a conversation over a set of gun sights."
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    No begging. Command...repeat command...boom.
    There's just some times you have to skip a step in the "Ask, Tell, Make" continuum.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I was a participant in one incident involving a 12 gauge shotgun, and have seen video of quite a few more. While I'm sure there are exceptions, I've always been impressed at how decisive they can be.

Anybody want to guess on the range in this clip? It seems a bit long.

It seems like the officer left cover a bit early, but it all worked out.
    I don’t know the range but keep in mind most body worn cameras have fish eyed lenses which can make distances appear longer than they actually are.

Site Supporter
    https://www.news9.com/story/61df616a...g-traffic-stop

Dog Attacks Sheriff's Deputy During Traffic Stop

OKLAHOMA CITY - A traffic stop turns dangerous for an Oklahoma County Deputy.
    According to court records, a traffic stop that uncovered illegal drugs along I-40, took an unexpected turn. A trained attack dog clamped down on a deputy's arm.

“How many times do you think about a vicious dog jumping out of a car and attacking a police officer? That's what happened,” said Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Aaron Brilbeck.

Members of the drug interdiction team, CITCO, were called to search Junping Liang's vehicle.

But inside her car were two dogs, one of them was aggressive.

Instead of securing them, investigators said Liang stalled.

After several additional requests, Liang is seen opening the door. Her dog makes a beeline for the deputy.

“This is a guy who is used to working with dogs, he's very well trained with dogs and he was able to get on him in a flash, in no time at all,” said Brilbeck.

Despite several bites from the dog requiring stitches, once under control, the officers did their best to calm the animal.

“In this case we found out this dog had been trained to specifically as an attack dog. The dog was just doing what it's training told him to do,” said Brilbeck.

Deputies said they found one hundred pounds of marijuana inside the vehicle.

The driver is facing several charges.
    For those not aware, Chinese nationals have been buying up farmland in OK and illegally moving thousands of pounds of marijuana onto the black market under the guise of being licensed medical marijuana farms.

https://www.southwestledger.news/new...rket-marijuana
    Last edited by HCM; 01-13-2022 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    One of my old sergeants once said "It is a mistake to try to have a conversation over a set of gun sights."
    That's a good one. One of mine said that anything after three commands was begging the suspect to comply.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I don’t know the range but keep in mind most body worn cameras have fish eyed lenses which can make distances appear longer than they actually are.
    I'm familiar. As is often the case with BWC footage, you never even see the suspect. I was basing the question on the dash cam video.

In this post TCinVA is reporting the range as 59 yards. Solid performance by the officer with his gauge.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

LVMPD from 1-10-2022

“Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Interesting story here:https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYu0GK6...dium=copy_link

That Sgt has some issues.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Interesting story here:https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYu0GK6...dium=copy_link

That Sgt has some issues.

I don’t have Instagram. Anyway to share it otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I don’t have Instagram. Anyway to share it otherwise?
    https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...t/2661376/?amp
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List