Page 304 of 372 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 3714

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Phoenix PD officers shot by Domestic Violence suspect on 04/14/2022:

https://www.azfamily.com/2022/04/28/...t-gas-station/

Graphic video shows Phoenix police officer getting shot at gas station

PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) -- Police released body-camera footage on Thursday afternoon of the shootout between officers and suspect Nicholas Cowan, which left officer Denise Bruce-Jones hospitalized. The graphic video shows Cowan shooting Bruce-Jones and another officer before speeding away from the Phoenix gas station, investigators said.

Cowan’s ex-girlfriend called 911 and said she was at a Marathon gas station on April 14 near Cave Creek and Beardsley roads. She tells a dispatcher to send an ambulance and not the police in the call. She then says Cowan was acting “crazy” and hitting himself with a bat on his head, body, legs and arms. The woman then told the dispatcher he had a cord around his neck.

“I think if the cops show up there, it’s gonna be...I don’t think it’s gonna go good,” the woman said on the 911 call. She then told the dispatcher Cowan had a gun.

In the body-camera footage, Bruce-Jones and another officer were at the gas station talking to the woman. The woman tells Bruce-Jones she sees Cowan’s Prius pull up to the gas station. “Oh my god, that’s him,” the woman said in the video.

Cowan’s Prius turns into the gas station and stops a short distance away from Bruce-Jones and the woman standing near the gas station entrance, police said. Bruce-Jones attempts to tell Cowan to get out of the car; then, he starts shooting at officers from inside his vehicle, according to police. Bruce-Jones was hit by the first gunshot and immediately falls to the ground. The other officer immediately ducks behind his patrol car and starts returning fire. Several bullets are seen shattering the gas station’s windows.

More than 15 gunshots are heard as Cowan and the other officer return fire at each other, investigators said. Bruce-Jones is seen lying on the ground. Cowan then drives off with the second officer shooting at his car. The second officer then goes to Bruce-Jones to tend to her injuries.

On Monday, Cowan was released from the hospital and booked into jail that evening on two counts of attempted first-degree murder, among other charges. But during the booking process, officials determined Cowan had to go back to the hospital to be monitored, police said. Cowan was on the run for three days until he was found at a Scottsdale rental property and arrested on April 17.

Bruce-Jones was moved from the hospital to a rehab facility on Friday. She is a 24-year veteran of the Phoenix Police Department. She also has a spouse who’s a Phoenix police officer.

Site Supporter
    I get that the kid is young and excited, and I’m not a professional. But, I would imagine that talking about who put hits where on the perp while being recorded like you and your cousins had just shot a deer* is something neither civilians or police should do.

*because I’ve had a similar conversation in a similar accent while hunting with my cousins.

Site Supporter
    Out of Houston Tx. Dude drove through an apartment lobby and killed a construction worker with his truck. Then he knifed the apartment manager and threatened police with a knife. He goes down after the first volley of shots, but then gets back up without a weapon and tries to run away before being tased. Almost identical to a video that Active Self protection posted last week.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I get that the kid is young and excited, and I’m not a professional. But, I would imagine that talking about who put hits where on the perp while being recorded like you and your cousins had just shot a deer* is something neither civilians or police should do.

*because I’ve had a similar conversation in a similar accent while hunting with my cousins.
    He’s probably had the same conversation deer hunting. It’s his frame of reference. Under stress we go to what we know.

IMHO that is the least of the issues in that video such as crossfire and what some might consider late shots.,

Site Supporter
    Chicago P.D. Dude gets arrested for carjacking and doesn’t get searched properly. He comes out of the cop car shooting when they open the car door at the sally port for the jail. Also one of the injured officers is ignored for a long time while a gaggle of cops focus on the downed suspect.

This happened in 2020 and wasn’t released until now.

Last edited by Caballoflaco; 05-12-2022 at 06:56 PM.

Site Supporter
    Dude disarms an attacker and ends up getting shot by the police who are responding to the scene. Cops don’t know what happened inside the restaurant. Sometimes everybody at the table gets served a shit sammich

Site Supporter
    Chicago P.D. Dude gets arrested for carjacking and doesn’t get searched properly. He comes out of the cop car shooting when they open the car door at the sally port for the jail. Also one of the injured officers is ignored for a long time while a gaggle of cops focus on the downed suspect.

This happened in 2020 and wasn’t released until now.

Note the crook playing for sympathy to inhibit a thorough search.

Chicago P.D. Dude gets arrested for carjacking and doesn’t get searched properly.
    Years back ... had one of those shitty too many crooks initially and too many cops later calls. Had grabbed a gangster & immediately went to a restrained detention. Tried to do a good pat search but too many objects on his belt, in his pockets to do a thorough job given the circumstances at the instant. I knew it wasn't a good search. Secured him in my car. Later, I had another cop I knew did thorough searches, re-check the gangster for me. He didn't find anything.

When we got to jail and had the gangster get out of the car, at his feet was at least a 1/8th oz of coke and loaded .25 auto. Yeah, we screw up & miss things. But the more the suspect squirms and evades the search, the more effort you have to give it. The more excuses they give, the more we need to search. When you get a hand-off for a transport, search them again.

A question, though ... the initial officer was pretty adamant about keeping the cuffs behind the back, yet when the shooting started, he had the cuffs around. Did someone else switch them? Was that guy flexible, agile enough to get his hands in front of him? Does anyone know?

That reminds me, I need to add an Officer Down block to one of my classes.

Site Supporter
    @Erick Gelhause in the video description it says dude slipped his cuffs around to the froth. If you watch the video in slow motion when the transporting officer opens the door his hands are in his lap and he still has cuffs on. As you know all that really proves is he didn’t have a handcuff key or shim on him

Site Supporter

User Tag List