Page 186 of 372 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 3714

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Body Cam: Bar Murderer Suspect Fatally Shot in the Act By Officer. Long Beach Police Department, CA

Marksmanship matters. As I recall LBPD issues a railed SA 1911, a version of the MC Operator modified for them.

@JHC
    Good shoot, officer took his time, aimed and delivered precision on threat then notified radio. Good stuff.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

In case anyone else is having trouble playing the long beach bar shooting video (if in a hurry, skip to ~5:30):

Last edited by 0ddl0t; 12-22-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Body Cam: Bar Murderer Suspect Fatally Shot in the Act By Officer. Long Beach Police Department, CA

Marksmanship matters. As I recall LBPD issues a railed SA 1911, a version of the MC Operator modified for them.

@JHC
    That was some good shooting. Notice the officer doesn't get jacked up when calling for backup.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    That was some good shooting. Notice the officer doesn't get jacked up when calling for backup.
    The vid shows a good argument for having a WML also. I wonder if shooting into a darkened room like that would have been possible without some kind of illumination.

Either way, that's some good shooting from quite a distance.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

@JHC
    Solid work.

Sonoma County. Suspected carjacker. Goes cluster and carotid pinch is employed. Suspect expires; turns out to be the vehicle's rightful owner. Sheriff says deputy will be fired.

Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    Sonoma County. Suspected carjacker. Goes cluster and carotid pinch is employed. Suspect expires; turns out to be the vehicle's rightful owner. Sheriff says deputy will be fired.
    @Darryl Bolke and I discussed this one. I hope he shares his thoughts.

Cliffs:

Male EDP and/or under influence of narc
    two officers arrive, give solid commands
    first officer tases male when he tries to get up, taser sorta effective
    second officer attempts to tase male when he tries to get up after first round of current
    her hand is in the way, self-inflicts, starts screaming
    male officer reacts by putting 6 or 7 rounds into male's chest
    female officer goes over radio
    female officer has breakdown
    No charges, or anything against the officers from the looks of it
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

Cliffs:

Male EDP and/or under influence of narc
    two officers arrive, give solid commands
    first officer tases male when he tries to get up, taser sorta effective
    second officer attempts to tase male when he tries to get up after first round of current
    her hand is in the way, self-inflicts, starts screaming
    male officer reacts by putting 6 or 7 rounds into male's chest
    female officer goes over radio
    female officer has breakdown
    No charges, or anything against the officers from the looks of it
    If I had shot every suspect who resisted like this and came at me in my career, I'd be up to double-digit shootings. Some came very close, but only because I couldn't see what was in their hands. I'm gonna make a prediction that neither of these cops has been in a fistfight, ever. I read the Chief's comments at the press conference, he mentioned that people not in LE don't have the knowledge to properly opine on this situation. I do and this is all kinds of soup sandwich.

Also, if one of my guys canceled a backup with the details provided, they would be looking at a letter of reprimand, at the very least. We would send at least two officers and notify a supervisor. Was there a shooting or barricade going on that they couldn't spare the other officers? Nope, they were all available to show up after the shooting. These kinds of calls need to be prioritized and responded to like the high-liability events they are.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    If I had shot every suspect who resisted like this and came at me in my career, I'd be up to double-digit shootings. Some came very close, but only because I couldn't see what was in their hands. I'm gonna make a prediction that neither of these cops has been in a fistfight, ever. I read the Chief's comments at the press conference, he mentioned that people not in LE don't have the knowledge to properly opine on this situation. I do and this is all kinds of soup sandwich.

Also, if one of my guys canceled a backup with the details provided, they would be looking at a letter of reprimand, at the very least. We would send at least two officers and notify a supervisor. Was there a shooting or barricade going on that they couldn't spare the other officers? Nope, they were all available to show up after the shooting. These kinds of calls need to be prioritized and responded to like the high-liability events they are.
    Yeah, our policy would mandate a supervisor respond, as well as CIT trained officers. Tasers would not (and likely won't be for years) be an option for us....just CTS Supersocks and 40mm. Or batons and OC. I would not like to imagine this incident occurring in California after today....especially in my city.

User Tag List