Page 181 of 374 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 3732

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I'm not a cop but it's like she didn't use any intermediate weapons when I would think they were clearly called for.

She turned it into a contest of strength when she was clearly out matched.
    Just my guess from watching the video and the limited info from above posts...

This was probably her first non-complaint subject to deal with by herself off of training car. I think she vapor-locked on training...having graduated the academy recently, she'd just had a lot of force options dumped on her in a compressed amount of time.

When still trying to learn how to process fast evolving situations in the real world and presented with an overload of options, sometimes they just lock-up and the fall back option is the handgun...because everyone complies when there's a gun pointed at them right? Until they don't.

I'm glad it turned out OK for her, and hopefully the incident provided an opportunity for her to realize any deficiencies in training and/or ability and to do some soul-searching. Anybody who's done the job has had that incident when they were a rookie that caused them to pause spiritually and mentally and realize, "Whoa...this is serious." and decide if it was the right career for them.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Crazy as it sounds some just have collapsible batons. Some of which really suck.

99% of time I've seen batons employed as designed, it's the good guys that wind up taking the strikes.

The only uses I've had for a baton have been to hold open hoods on POS stranded vehicles, as a poker to pry up the rear seat cushion on vehicle searches to avoid surprises such as snakes, nest of roaches, etc. (learned from experience), to remove windows to extract crash victims or non-complaint suspects, or as a doorknocker on loud music, etc. complaints.
    Last edited by kwb377; 12-05-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    16" steel ASP is the ONLY thing I'm allowed besides a pistol...but I CAN'T carry my Winchester expandable baton, only the Harry Potter wand they issue me...
    Years ago, we were issued for a short while a PPCT marketed non-expandable baton (Celayaton?) that was a rubber-covered wicker stick. One of the taught techniques was a move performed from a crossed-arm position in which you flicked your wrist back and forth...called a "Wick Tick". Everyone's reaction during the transition training was "YGBSM..."

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Reading someone Miranda when they aren't detained and even before determining compliance, informing someone they are a suspect on their front porch when they are not detained, then following them in the house alone over a shoplifting is all rookie-itis.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Just my guess from watching the video and the limited info from above posts...

This was probably her first non-complaint subject to deal with by herself off of training car. I think she vapor-locked on training...having graduated the academy recently, she'd just had a lot of force options dumped on her in a compressed amount of time.

When still trying to learn how to process fast evolving situations in the real world and presented with an overload of options, sometimes they just lock-up and the fall back option is the handgun...because everyone complies when there's a gun pointed at them right? Until they don't.

I'm glad it turned out OK for her, and hopefully the incident provided an opportunity for her to realize any deficiencies in training and/or ability and to do some soul-searching. Anybody who's done the job has had that incident when they were a rookie that caused them to pause spiritually and mentally and realize, "Whoa...this is serious." and decide if it was the right career for them.
    Even though I'm not a cop I've had that incident where you go for your gun and they say "Fuck you, shoot me!!" And in a way I'm kind of glad that I did because it was a good eye-opener for me. I've also had that moment where protocol goes out the window and all I'm thinking is "I have solve this problem."

From my perspective of making decisions from the comfort of my couch with nothing really to lose,

As soon as he turned around and walked back into the house I would have called for backup. If things had progressed along the same timeline the backup would of arrived before things got really out of hand.

In her position as a small female I wouldn't have followed him into the house. Having said that, there's a reality to it that I understand. When I was doing alarm response for the city we were (on paper) never allowed to enter a building alone. The reality was I'd arrived at the site, find an open door, call my boss and get told "Go check it out." But in a perfect world I would not follow the guy into the house.

And finally at the stairs when he pushed her off I would have used OC or a taser or a baton but even that I know would bring issues because I'm positive mom would have got in it.

So at the end of the day, as somebody's already mentioned, her best bet would have been to stay out of the house and wait for the calvary
    Last edited by Cypher; 12-05-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Off Duty CHP comes to the aid of a victim of a cell phone theft on Black Friday, gets beaten unconscious by mob of high school aged boys:

The Fox News version of this story included an interview with the officer. He stated he was trying to be get photo / video of the youths when things went TU. He had a concussion and a broken finger. Apparently it's the second time he's been involved in off-duty incidents at that mall, which is adjacent to Oakland, CA. He handled the interviewed well, and I got the impression he was armed, but made the decision not to draw. He reminds me of couple of buddies of mine who are CHP, who would probably also get involved if they were in his shoes, because that's just who they are. Unfortunately I can't find the Fox News piece.
    Last edited by Mark D; 12-06-2019 at 12:24 AM.

19 officers from 5 agencies exchanged fire with 2 armed robbers in a hijacked UPS truck stopped in rush hour traffic, killing the hijackers and (likely) the UPS driver. It was the driver's first day after training. An innocent bystander waiting at the traffic light was also killed:

Video from another angle:
    https://twitter.com/SteveHaha711/sta...619354631?s=20

If you freeze at about 20 seconds into the video in this following link you can see the innocent bystander's Grand Marques as it begins rolling away from the middle of the highway in front of the UPS truck. Only the back window was broken and there were no officers nearby so the angle suggests the victim caught a stray from one of the officers aiming at the hijacking driver from the median behind the UPS truck:

https://www.local10.com/news/2019/12...adly-shootout/

Tons of people around, it could have been so much worse...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 12-06-2019 at 04:53 AM.

Unfortunately we will have to wait until forensics comes back to see who really shot who where.

I've been saying it for a long time, if you aren't going to have Bearcats available to patrol, then you should have rifle rated shields in every car. If you aren't going to allow for policies and training to stop pursuits quickly before they end up stuck in rush hour traffic, If you don't want to budget any of those things in, then this is what's going to happen.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Watching the video from the Lexus, hearing the rounds zinging by...then at the 19 second mark seeing the ricochet round go by his window...it's amazing there weren't more casualties.

What also amazes me in that video is the cluelessness of the people in the crosswalk that were oblivious to the wave of emergency vehicles headed toward them. If you observe an overwhelming sea of police cars coming toward you...GO THE OTHER WAY, THERE'S SOME SHIT GOING ON!
    Last edited by kwb377; 12-06-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Deescalation techniques in real life, and why they're shit:

Even before I got to the part where she took out her gun, I had a bad reaction to hearing how she spoke to that suspect. I saw no reason to tell him all the extra charges she was going to throw at him. The demeanor shown when she was saying, “...because it’s the law...” was so condescending and self-righteous. I agree she had quite the case of rookie-itis. She’s the type of female officer that gives other females a bad reputation because she believes too heavily in the power of the vag with the badge. Harsh words, but true.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy Brown View Post
    Even before I got to the part where she took out her gun, I had a bad reaction to hearing how she spoke to that suspect. I saw no reason to tell him all the extra charges she was going to throw at him. The demeanor shown when she was saying, “...because it’s the law...” was so condescending and self-righteous. I agree she had quite the case of rookie-itis. She’s the type of female officer that gives other females a bad reputation because she believes too heavily in the power of the vag with the badge. Harsh words, but true.
    You seem to have a poor outlook on female officers and this is at least the second time you've used that broad brush. It's the last if you'd like to continue to post here. That officer screwed up. Feel free to talk about that officer and the tactics of that situation. Applying that to all police or all female police is contrary to the rules.

09/05/19
    I want to spell something out shouldn’t need to be spelled out based on the existing rules. If you want to bash another cop because of what they look like, what genitals they have, etc. you will not have a place in the LE forum. We get enough judgment from people who are ignorant of who we are as it is, putting up with it from other "good guys" is complete bullshit and there will be zero tolerance of it. Criticize techniques, tactics, policies, etc. all you want. That is both within the mission statement and something we can learn from. If you don’t know the difference, ask an adult to review your post before submitting.

Don’t be an asshole. Again, we get enough negativity and stonings from the general public. If you are toxic to the subforum based on how you interact with others, you will not have a place here. Respectful disagreement and debate is, of course, welcome. If you don’t know the difference, ask an adult to review your post before submitting.

I will not PM warnings individually. If you think this applies to you, it probably does. If you’re here because I linked it in another thread, think about why.

This applies equally to sworn and non-sworn.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List