Page 153 of 373 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 3727

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gray01 View Post
    I do not know detailed information, so my following is simply general principle: 1. Less-lethal is not the choice against lethal weapons. 2. Waiting for a suspect armed with lethal weaponry to assume a shooting position is ill-advised, and nothing that was ever included in any policy that I ever read or authored, or any training curriculum either attended or taught.
    Time to do more reading then, a lot has changed since you retired. Like I mentioned to you previously, PERF. The PERF Guiding Principles leads officers to be 100% reactionary, incredibly restrained, and place the value of the violent offenders' life over everyone else......got a truck full of jihadis running people over? Too fucking bad, you'll lose your job if you shoot them at a department that has adopted PERF policies.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Time to do more reading then, a lot has changed since you retired. Like I mentioned to you previously, PERF. The PERF Guiding Principles leads officers to be 100% reactionary, incredibly restrained, and place the value of the violent offenders' life over everyone else......got a truck full of jihadis running people over? Too fucking bad, you'll lose your job if you shoot them at a department that has adopted PERF policies.
    I am not unaware of the anarchic sentiment that seems to be growing exponentially; I did not know that actual law enforcement training, diametrically opposed and contradicting the guiding legal ruling for force (Graham v. Connor) was being conducted.

I suppose that I was naive to think that men, if given the choice, would choose unemployment as a legitimate option instead of bowing to an ethic that requires the sacrifice of the good man instead of the evil man. If that truly is the case in any agency, my counsel would be to find another job, and/or resign en masse.

I know, that when I had the reigns, my men were instructed that if it was a clean UoF (objectively reasonable based upon the totality of the circumstances known by the officer at the time was my definition), I would have their back, privately and publicly, up to and including the loss of my position. I always figured that my badge was pinned on with explosive bolts anyway.

ETA: And if this is the case on a broad-based national scale, then it is time for LEO's to walk away and let the system destroy itself.
    Last edited by Gray01; 07-10-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray01 View Post
    I am not unaware of the anarchic sentiment that seems to be growing exponentially; I did not know that actual law enforcement training, diametrically opposed and contradicting the guiding legal ruling for force (Graham v. Connor) was being conducted.

I suppose that I was naive to think that men, if given the choice, would choose unemployment as a legitimate option instead of bowing to an ethic that requires the sacrifice of the good man instead of the evil man. If that truly is the case in any agency, my counsel would be to find another job, and/or resign en masse.

I know, that when I had the reigns, my men were instructed that if it was a clean UoF (objectively reasonable based upon the totality of the circumstances known by the officer at the time was my definition), I would have their back, privately and publicly, up to and including the loss of my position. I always figured that my badge was pinned on with explosive bolts anyway.

ETA: And if this is the case on a broad-based national scale, then it is time for LEO's to walk away and let the system destroy itself.
    Are you aware of what is going on in regards to Use of Force law in CA? We are one significant incident away from the legislature making impossible for good folks to do their jobs in good conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Are you aware of what is going on in regards to Use of Force law in CA? We are one significant incident away from the legislature making impossible for good folks to do their jobs in good conscience.
    I have been watching, albeit not closely.

I will posit that if conditions are as you say, then "good folks" should be making accelerated progress to relocate to a venue where those conditions do not exist. If a government creates a situation whereby they make it "impossible for good folks to do their jobs in good conscience", then men of good conscience should remove themselves from under the auspices of that government. To do less makes one complicit in the new schema.

Tyranny's do not begin in catastrophic fashion. They progress in graduated steps, and those who advance them count on those who will vote for their paychecks and go along to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    It is a big nothing meant to look like they are appeasing BLM. The actual law is not much different than before:

"the officer reasonably believes, based on the totality of the circumstances, that deadly force is necessary to defend against an imminent threat of death or serious bodily injury to the officer or to another person, or to apprehend a fleeing person for a felony that threatened or resulted in death or serious bodily injury, if the officer reasonably believes that the person will cause death or serious bodily injury to another unless the person is immediately apprehended."

The Stephen Clark shooting (fleeing suspect high on drugs stops, turns around, and charges toward police with an unknown object in hand) would still be justified under the new standard.

Durham, NC-- This is why "minimal force" doesn't work.

https://www.policeone.com/officer-sh...ore-fatal-OIS/

Teenage girl pulls a replica gun, commits suicide by cop. I found it exceptionally distributing.

Of technical note, cop's gun malfunctions immediately, and takes multiple tries to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post

Teenage girl pulls a replica gun, commits suicide by cop. I found it exceptionally distributing.

Of technical note, cop's gun malfunctions immediately, and takes multiple tries to fix.
    Looked like he had a TLR-1 bolted to his Glock, reminds me of when people were tightening the screws down too much causing the frame to not be able to flex and causing malfunctions. Was that Glock 22's I believe I remember specifically having this issue? wonder what Fullerton, PD issues for their duty guns.

Antidepressants, not the first case of suicide from these dangerous drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Durham, NC-- This is why "minimal force" doesn't work.

https://www.policeone.com/officer-sh...ore-fatal-OIS/
    What a sh*tshow. Just go hands on already.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post

Looks like limp wrist when he fired, didn't look like he had a full grip on it, also the isolated tapping was due to his heart rate going through the roof. He likely didn't do enough reps of any type of malfunction clearing and the moment his attention was divided it resulted in him resetting his clearing protocol immediately. Interesting look at what happens when a skillset hasn't been rep'd into the subconscious.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Looked like he had a TLR-1 bolted to his Glock, reminds me of when people were tightening the screws down too much causing the frame to not be able to flex and causing malfunctions. Was that Glock 22's I believe I remember specifically having this issue?
    Gen 3 Glock 22, and it wasn't user error. Finger tight was plenty enough to induce the malfunction.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List