Page 258 of 372 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 3714

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Site Supporter
    Police Foundation partnered with several other organizations (including NTOA) to create www.LEONearMiss.org which allows self-reporting. I had not looked at i it since ny departure from the city and had to re-register with my campus email, but it might be worth looking at. I'll report back when approved for access.

When I was still relevant and provided in-service training, I would sometimes use videos to illustrate points. I frequently used a line that I stole from Calibre Press that the video footage "were moments frozen in time." I also used a line from Special Agent Fox Mulder on, of all things, a COPS/X-Files crossover that "The camera only shows one view".

I would agree that we need to be circumspect about criticizing officers, especially from our own or allied agencies. We should also emphasize the limitations of video of seeing what actually happened.

I would also use clips from entertainment media. Usually this was done to wake the class up after lunch or kill time while the roster was signed, occasionally something would be spot on.

Thanks. That is what I was referring to with the Fire fighter close call system.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Police Foundation partnered with several other organizations (including NTOA) to create www.LEONearMiss.org which allows self-reporting. I had not looked at i it since ny departure from the city and had to re-register with my campus email, but it might be worth looking at. I'll report back when approved for access.

When I was still relevant and provided in-service training, I would sometimes use videos to illustrate points. I frequently used a line that I stole from Calibre Press that the video footage "were moments frozen in time." I also used a line from Special Agent Fox Mulder on, of all things, a COPS/X-Files crossover that "The camera only shows one view".

I would agree that we need to be circumspect about criticizing officers, especially from our own or allied agencies. We should also emphasize the limitations of video of seeing what actually happened.

I would also use clips from entertainment media. Usually this was done to wake the class up after lunch or kill time while the roster was signed, occasionally something would be spot on.
    I absolutely agree about the limitations of the BWC videos and constantly preach that the video shows only what the camera "saw" and not what the wearer saw (who may have been looking elsewhere, had his or her view obstructed or otherwise impaired, may have been distracted by other visual and audio cues, may have have been influenced by normal and unavoidable human emotions, suffered reaction time issues, etc.) An extreme example of this is the many, many videos I have watched that show nothing but a D pillar, shrub or fence while an officer is issuing commands, firing, etc. The camera saw nothing that the officer saw.

Still, in regard to training issues on things such as muzzle awareness, use of cover, verbal commands, approach, etc, the videos can be useful training aids if we can get around the social, legal and political issues. But we can't really take advantage of the training opportunities until the administrative, criminal and civil risks have been resolved, and that takes a long time. Openly discussing procedural and tactical flaws before the D.A. is done, discipline questions resolved, and the civil suit has been settled is not wise or fair.

Houston SWAT OIS during a vehicle assault:

Site Supporter

Alarm call at an eledelry guy’s house who is hard of hearing leads to a shooting.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    Tucson active shooter who shot responding firefighters / EMS.

Looks to be a 100 yard shot with an M&P.

https://funker530.com/video/homicide...iczsa6BhddOcGo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Looks to be a 100 yard head shot with an M&P.
    That guy was cool as ice the entire time...outstanding work!

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Tucson active shooter who shot responding firefighters / EMS.

Looks to be a 100 yard shot with an M&P.

https://funker530.com/video/homicide...iczsa6BhddOcGo
    Excellent work. I counted his jogging steps from car to car and it was around 25 not exactly toward subject which would be more like a 25-30 yard shot IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Excellent work. I counted his jogging steps from car to car and it was around 25 not exactly toward subject which would be more like a 25-30 yard shot IMO.
    I actually know exactly where this is (and he confirms the cross street in the video). I think your distance is right on; the road is two lanes and there's a bit of sidewalk and parking lot.

Site Supporter
    Something a little different.

Suspect convicted in the November 2016 style murder of San Antonio Police Department detective Benjamin Marconi threw an elbow at a Bailiff after hearing the guilty verdict in his first degree murder trial.

Given this is a death penalty case the suspect isn’t really doing himself any favors for the penalty phase.

https://www.kens5.com/mobile/article...4-be5b038e6e82

User Tag List