Page 233 of 372 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 3714

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Nicely done.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Strong work by Phoenix PD. Hostage rescue OIS.

@Erick Gelhaus
    @Coyotesfan97

It doesn’t get any better then that! Great rifle shot with a LVPO and you could see the Officer adjust it before the shot. Great response to rush the suspect and protect the victims. Yeah transported to the hospital and pronounced deceased I’d say DRT.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

@Erick Gelhaus
    JUST watched it. Solved a bad problem pretty damn well. The officer spun up the LVPO before the shot.

I was thinking 90' for the shot. In another conversation, someone measured it at 120' albeit with a greater offset than the video shows. I just went & timed the run, roughly 5 seconds in duty gear. Not making NFL 40 yd times.

Curious as to thoughts about the officer, with the rifle, grabbing the child and getting him away vs focusing on keeping the most effective tool in the fight by covering the suspect (in case he re-animates) and letting another officer evacuate the victim?

Could you imagine having to consider whether or not the suspect was mentally ill or under the influence before using deadly force in an event like this?

Site Supporter
    Strong work by Phoenix PD. Hostage rescue OIS.]
    You can see the officer with the rifle calmly dial up some magnification before he takes the shot.

ETA: looks like Erick beat me to that observation
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    JUST watched it. Solved a bad problem pretty damn well. The officer spun up the LVPO before the shot.

I was thinking 90' for the shot. In another conversation, someone measured it at 120' albeit with a greater offset than the video shows. I just went & timed the run, roughly 5 seconds in duty gear. Not making NFL 40 yd times.

Curious as to thoughts about the officer, with the rifle, grabbing the child and getting him away vs focusing on keeping the most effective tool in the fight by covering the suspect (in case he re-animates) and letting another officer evacuate the victim?

Could you imagine having to consider whether or not the suspect was mentally ill or under the influence before using deadly force in an event like this?
    Looks like the rifle officer was the one leading the charge. One officer tells him to wait, and he responds with "No, fuck it, get the kid." Certainly would have been preferable for him to cover, but I don't have a problem with what he did.

The first one to the baby needs to grab him. I don’t have an issue if it’s the guy with the rifle. He was squared away taking the shot and then closing.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Gillette PD OIS:

Another one from Phoenix:

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.

@Erick Gelhaus
    @Coyotesfan97
    That is one of the most outstanding pieces of work I've ever seen. Physic courage, decisiveness, and skill at arms. Then switched gears to reverence for innocent life and compassion. The whole spectrum of what the job requires in one incident.

As far as him acting as cover while another officer grabs the kid, yeah ideally....but I agree with Coyotesfan. If you're not fast enough, I'll do it myself.

Hammertime
    Another one from Phoenix:

That is not a cheap gun on the perp. Five Seven.

User Tag List