Page 219 of 372 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 3714

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

I don't think we did this one. From earlier this year:

I always enjoy seeing some 1911-action.

That was quite an event. And plenty of material for future training purposes.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I'm glad the back-up officer was there, because the primary officer was apparently never gong to pull the trigger. A heck of a shot.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I'm glad the back-up officer was there, because the primary officer was apparently never gong to pull the trigger. A heck of a shot.

Count the steps after the officer goes around the counter and I’m guessing that shot was between 25-30 yards if he has about a 3 foot gait.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Ferguson effect is happening again. I’m betting he didn’t want to shoot the POS in the back even though it would’ve been legal.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Ferguson effect is happening again. I’m betting he didn’t want to shoot the POS in the back even though it would’ve been legal.
    Maybe. There's a pretty strong cultural stigma about shooting someone in the back that well predates Ferguson, though, equating it to cowardice. Probably related to "backstabbing" to articulate betrayal. As long as the bad guy wasn't directly threatening a customer yet I'm not going to say he was wrong. Legal or not, he's got to do what he can sleep with at night.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Agree with BehindBluelI's. Apart from the "back shooting" stigma, the officer had the real issue of potentially being prosecuted or terminated if he shot the suspect in politically incorrect circumstances with "optics".

I will comment that some years ago, an officer in my county stopped a suspicious vehicle, occupied by several young people of color. One suspect reached for a pistol. The officer was guns up and sights on, but attempted to "de-escalate" because he didn"t want the stigma of shooting a young black male in the back of the head. Unfortunately, the suspect didn't de-escalate and shot the officer in the neck. The officer never walked again.

He died about fourteen years later. His passing was considered an LODD. Our county executive did not attend the funeral because, you know, black lives matter and re need to reimagine public safety.

To paraphrase Inspector 73 (who, in the movies, didn't work far from Modesto), that's a hell of a price for being woke.

Another one out of Modesto:

Under new California law, I think LEO can only use lethal force when it's "necessary", not "reasonable". That may have influenced the first officer's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Under new California law, I think LEO can only use lethal force when it's "necessary", not "reasonable". That may have influenced the first officer's decision.
    Didn’t think of that. Just another reason I’m glad I live where I do.

User Tag List